• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My skin on my face and body are so dry, what to do?

Swagged

Reaction score
I know I have combination skin. My t-zone can get oily. I have white heads only around the bottom edges of my nose, but mainly get pimples on my forehead or the sides by my ears...but my cheeks are dry.

For the past few months I've been trying to go natural in an attempt to avoid "bad" ingredients in some of my past products. I, religiously, check every product I'm about to use up against cosmeticdatabase.com.

My biggest ingredient concern is petrolatum based on this reason to avoid it: "Petrolatum
or petroleum jelly - Highly occlusive, clogs pores and causes acne, a suspected carcinogen. Petroleum by-products can pass through the brain barrier and cause ADD/dyslexia symptoms." The next ingredient I try to avoid is parabens, based on a number of reasons I read to avoid it.

In an attempt to go natural for bar soaps I've use/used:

1. Aubrey organic bar soaps, in particular, the Rosa Mosqueta, Meals & Herbs exfoliating (current one in use), and the calaguala treatment bar soaps, all of which dried my skin on both my face and body out. Each bar is $6+ dollars).

2. Dr. Bronners mild baby bar soap (made my nipples sensitive to where it burned when using, so I stopped using this.)

3. Earth mama Angel baby shampoo and body wash (dried both my face and body out.).

4. Shea moisture head to toe baby wash (contains Japanese honeysuckle which is a natural paraben, and that can't be good.)

As for moisturizers:

1. Aveeno daily moisture lotion. (Problem it contains petrolatum which clogs the pores especially on my face and back).

I'm at my wits end, what do I do? Naturals isn't working.

Dove was the only soap that never dried me out, but the ingredients are bad and it clogs my pores, too.

After searching and reading: I may use baking soda or a washcloth w. a face wash to exfoliate my face, or a salicylic acid bar soap or face wash to exfoliate, once a week. I'm switching to body washes.

I still don't have a a particular face wash, or a moisturizer. I'm so dry.

Last edited:

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It sounds like you really get caught up psuedo-science. Please stop reading cosmeticdatabase.com. There is no reason to limit yourself to "all natural" products, whatever that even means. Could it be because of the dreaded "toxins?" Lot's a natural products are horrible for your skin.

Parabens are completely safe. So safe they are used in food. You probably consume more parabens in a small soy latte than you do using skincare products over the course of a whole year.

Dove can't clog pores because it's non-comedogenic. Why are the ingredient's bad?

Petroleum causes cancer?

Read about parabens here, then go to page 6 for petroleum. All of this was written by an actual scientist: http://www.cosmeticsandtoiletries.com/regulatory/region/northamerica/104017609.html?page=5

Swagged

Reaction score

It sounds like you really get caught up psuedo-science. Please stop reading cosmeticdatabase.com. There is no reason to limit yourself to "all natural" products, whatever that even means. Could it be because of the dreaded "toxins?" Lot's a natural products are horrible for your skin.

Parabens are completely safe. So safe they are used in food. You probably consume more parabens in a small soy latte than you do using skincare products over the course of a whole year.

Dove can't clog pores because it's non-comedogenic. Why are the ingredient's bad?

Petroleum causes cancer?

Read about parabens here, then go to page 6 for petroleum. All of this was written by an actual scientist: http://www.cosmeticsandtoiletries.com/regulatory/region/northamerica/104017609.html?page=5

You're right. I've wasted a good year of my young life (25) in this propaganda.

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You might want to try castor oil or the oil cleansing method. It has worked well for many to balance skin.

Read about parabens here, then go to page 6 for petroleum. All of this was written by an actual scientist

no.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also try dietary measures, like fish oil and drinking more water.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads