• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MTO shoes in eBay?

S.R.M. 1977

Reaction score
I never trust accounts like that. I'd go with a brand. For that price, you can try Thursday Boots or Ibex.

CWV

Reaction score
Thursday has a $75 shipping to Chile, but Ibex has free shipping!
What can you tell me about it? Never heard of it

Bic Pentameter

Reaction score
I tried made to order shoes on eBay about 15 years ago. The shop was called "Tower Bridge" or "Longon Bridge" or something like that. I was sent a box with foam inside into which to make an impression of my foot. I also measured my feet in several places.

I did get a pair of shoes in return. They were extremely inelegant, made from soft orthopedic leather. Tower Bridge had obviously used photographs of shoes made by Crockett & Jones and Edward Green in their eBay shop. Your mileage will vary, but probably will not be much greater than mine.

Bic

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
There are a bunch of sellers on ebay that offer basically replicas of designer or high-end clothing. They're all awful and the reason why they don't show photos of their real work, but instead take photos from other manufacturers, is because their products aren't any good.

Cheap MTO and MTM for anything is often a bad idea. And given the variety of affordable footwear nowadays, I don't know if anyone even needs cheap MTO. Try Meermin and Lof & Tung if you need affordable footwear.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried made to order shoes on eBay about 15 years ago. The shop was called "Tower Bridge" or "Longon Bridge" or something like that. I was sent a box with foam inside into which to make an impression of my foot. I also measured my feet in several places.

I did get a pair of shoes in return. They were extremely inelegant, made from soft orthopedic leather. The shoes looked like Tower Bridge had obviously used photographs of shoes made by Crockett & Jones and Edward Green in their eBay shop. Your mileage will vary, but probably will not be much greater than mine.

Bic
The store is now out of business.

S.R.M. 1977

Reaction score
Thursday has a $75 shipping to Chile, but Ibex has free shipping!
What can you tell me about it? Never heard of it
I was looking for boots this winter and ended up getting others, but I might end up getting some in a month or so. So, all I know is from their website. They have GY and BS construction. I saw Italian soles and aniline full grain leather. I am looking for a pair of boots with the color of the Ace Marks 'Backer's Giveaway' from their crowdfund.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads