• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MTM Chelsea Boots from Vietnam

binatang

Reaction score
The shop showed me their pelts/skins & there was obvious blemishes in some areas leading me to conclude they are top/full grain. You won't see blemishes like scars & stretch marks on corrected grain for the simple reason they are err ... corrected! They also absorbed shoes cream rather well. However I felt the brown leathers were better than the black in terms of quality.

I found the overall quality good but some designs were inelegant due to the last used. Asians have wide feet & quite like the comfort of a chunkier toe box. The boots were probably made on shoe lasts hence they were unable to crimp anything above the instep. They were actually making the shoes across the street.

2417582119_82f571580e.jpg

neyus

Reaction score
These are the best $60.00 shoes I've ever seen.

orlagu

Reaction score
Picked up my second pair yesterday (took me 2 weeks)...
Model was Gaziano & Girling Oxford, and mine reached 80-85% of the original appearance I think.

(Sorry for my poor polishing skill
frown.gif
. Haven't mastered the mirror-shine technique yet.)

DD_Oxford_IMG_3477.jpg

DD_Oxford_IMG_3472.jpg

DD_Oxford_IMG_3471.jpg

DD_Oxford_IMG_3470.jpg

The waist is nicer than the first one's:
DD_Oxford_IMG_3474.jpg

Cost is the same, US$60.
One more pair of RLPL EG Grant, and that's my black shoes quota.

I think I'm running out of shoe trees
confused.gif

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

jakejake

Reaction score
Wow.. beautiful. I think when i come back to VN, i'll get myself a few pairs. Do you give them pictures of the shoes you want made or how does it work?

orlagu

Reaction score
I gave them the pictures, and told them - quite carefully - how I want my shoes look like, too. The shop is right behind my (now former) office, so it's been quite convenient for me. The appearance and fit really did improve from the first pair.

Added pic of lining and label.

binatang

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jakejake
Wow.. beautiful. I think when i come back to VN, i'll get myself a few pairs. Do you give them pictures of the shoes you want made or how does it work?

Normally they make a shoes based on designs they have in the store. Some last are nice ... others less so. This takes about 7 days. If you go with pictures, they will usually make it on existing last shapes.

In mine & Orlagu's case our order was very specific so they had to make a special last for us ... well sort of. They buy a ready-made plastic last & mod it with epoxy to shape it to what we want. This will of course take longer.

I kinda copied Orlagu's last actually. Yes! I'm a lasy sod
tounge.gif

2475109573_73fd2dd7a1.jpg

neyus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by orlagu
Picked up my second pair yesterday (took me 2 weeks)...
Model was Gaziano & Girling Oxford, and mine reached 80-85% of the original appearance I think.

(Sorry for my poor polishing skill
frown.gif
. Haven't mastered the mirror-shine technique yet.)

DD_Oxford_IMG_3477.jpg

DD_Oxford_IMG_3472.jpg

DD_Oxford_IMG_3471.jpg

DD_Oxford_IMG_3470.jpg

The waist is nicer than the first one's:
DD_Oxford_IMG_3474.jpg

Cost is the same, US$60.
One more pair of RLPL EG Grant, and that's my black shoes quota.

I think I'm running out of shoe trees
confused.gif

Once again they have done exceptionally well with your $60.00. Is there anyway to get them to do soles without the inserts?

orlagu

Reaction score
@neyus: Thank you for your compliments
smile.gif

You meant the topied soles? Actually I could have asked them not to topy my shoes, but since I gotta walk everyday from the parking lot to my office - trust me, you don't wanna know how crappy these pavements and sidewalks are
devil.gif
- I just didn't wanna ruin my shoes that quick
plain.gif

@binatang: I visited the lastmaker few days ago to order my desired last, modified from the G&G Oxford's. The price was cheap, only $10 for the first pair, and any additional/duplicated pair would be $4. Made from plastic, of course. The toebox would also be smoothen out (wanted it to look like Vass U).

Please post the pics of your Oxford once it's done
inlove.gif

binatang

Reaction score
Orlagu

Actually I already have them but no times for pics just yet.
Got to agree with the topies. Wearing leather soled shoes in wet weather is suicidal. Close to zero traction & grip!

Wow show us the last. Can you PM me the last makers address & contact no.
$10 bucks is worth a go.

Oddly enough before HCM ... I was actually entertaining the idea of making my own shoes ha ha!
http://www.shoemakingbook.com/
Tim Skyrme has some nice videos on youtube as well

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
hadn't looked in on this in a while, you guys dug up somewhere decent huh? who is doing this for you?
Originally Posted by whacked
The last few posts made my day. So proud to be a VNmese.
laugh.gif

meh, come back for a half hour, should have that out of your system before the airport taxiride is over, Son
smile.gif
Originally Posted by orlagu
I haven't owned, or had physical contact with any AE yet, so can't speak
blush.gif

I will be traveling for a couple weeks, but IM me sometime in June (May pretty much wont exist for me) - I have 3 or 4 pairs I can show you.
Kent, I like your SF pocket square
bounce2.gif
. Will order one soon.
bah. Don't waste your money
smile.gif
Actually I get my gf's sister's staff to hand sew me squares out of scrap silk they have in her store (gf's sister is a moderately prominent fashion designer, has a store on Ly Tu Trong, and in a move that made me nauseous for days, has just been named in some magazine as one of the 10 most beautiful women in Vietnam).
Originally Posted by binatang
. They were actually making the shoes across the street.
2417582119_82f571580e.jpg

Where is that?

binatang

Reaction score
m@T

Its on Le Thang Ton opposite the shoe shop.

As for my new order of shoes.
1 x Oxford - Black
I x Derby - Black
1 x Loafer - Chocolate Suede

2480146299_9f8402cf34.jpg

orlagu

Reaction score
Picked up my third commission, EG RLPL Stern model:
EG-RLPL_Stern_IMG_3508.jpg
EG-RLPL_Stern_IMG_3503.jpg
EG-RLPL_Stern_IMG_3502.jpg
Unfortunately it's rainy season in Saigon now, so they won't see much action until the end of this year...

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They should pull some Jantzen maneuvers and start selling really cheap MTM shoes on the net.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads