• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Money doesn't guarantee style

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Case. and. Point.
Balenciaga/Alexander McQueen/Hermes/Miu Miu/Dior
This is is the type of gay boy you'll find at the Barneys Warehouse Sale.
IMG_3930.jpg

notice the lip pucker
IMG_3950.jpg

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wait, so one of her feet are fake there, right? amazing.

I can't believe the shoes Paul is wearing, they are those extreme rock scrambling slip-on water-resist suede types.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Case. and. Point.
Balenciaga/Alexander McQueen/Hermes/Miu Miu/Dior
This is is the type of gay boy you'll find at the Barneys Warehouse Sale.
IMG_3930.jpg

notice the lip pucker
IMG_3950.jpg

That guy is gay??

Once at the barneys sale there was a built asian guy (looked like GetSmart). with an Adidas logo tee on, except that instead of ADIDAS in block letters on the front of the tee it read "DIDHISASS". he might have ben gay.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Style doesn't guarantee money will be my motto....

I do have to marry Heather Mill now and try to get 60 millions dollars...

By the way,I have very good contacts in the shoe bespoke industry...

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by letmebefell
Now we all know that money doesn't buy style (and can probably name a member or two who illustrates that
smile.gif
) - but it doesn't hurt to be reminded.

The gentleman on the left just lost $220 million to the lady on the right. She looks better than him, stripper shoes notwithstanding.

PaulMcCar1PP_468x618.jpg

I love your tag line

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think attitude and swagger has a lot to do with it. Paul mccartney looks and feels like an old hag...i like the way Mick Jagger wears his suits these days, even though i imagine the average SF MC poster would balk. He wears tailored suits with chunky Nike athletic sneakers for chrissakes! But in this day and age, Mick's still a rock star. I think Paul's totally lost that spark.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
? Well regardless, i remember seeing Mick in some magazines where he had a similar look going on. Also remember one of his memorable stage get ups, all Dior Homme by Slimane: metallic silver cutaway blazer, black t-shirt, electric blue satin jeans and black nike shox.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Case. and. Point. Balenciaga/Alexander McQueen/Hermes/Miu Miu/Dior This is is the type of gay boy you'll find at the Barneys Warehouse Sale.
IMG_3930.jpg
notice the lip pucker
IMG_3950.jpg

Is that your boyfriend? I note that this person has an album entitled "lesphoques." He knows how to have a good time.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fade to Black
? Well regardless, i remember seeing Mick in some magazines where he had a similar look going on. Also remember one of his memorable stage get ups, all Dior Homme by Slimane: metallic silver cutaway blazer, black t-shirt, electric blue satin jeans and black nike shox.
Sorry, I was joking. My response to your post was in reference to what I posted earlier. I should have added a
stirpot.gif
or a
tongue.gif

Karo

Reaction score
Give the poor guy a break. He just lost almost a quarter billion, its no wonder he's wearing those.

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I read the comments you are making, one thing comes to my mind.

We the people at this forum are living on a different sartorial world than the 98% of the world.

The other day I went shopping, just to kill time, not to buy anything but just to have a look at the shops, so I didn't go to my usual places but to the mainstream shops.

On shoe shops you can hardly find any shoe that looks like the shoes people here like. I am not saying, same brand or quality. Not even similar looking.

99% of the shoes on many shoe shops are just plain "ugly", "plastic looking", "cheap" to my eyes.

On clothing shops, I liked a suit but it was one size bigger, there was not in my size, so I tried it on anyway. As you can immagine, the shoulder were large, fitted like a tent, the sleeves runned down to the beginning of my thumb, the trousers were baggy and stacked at my shoes.

But the sales lady there told me "it fits you perfect". I told her, "no it's a size too big", she insisted... "No that is your right size, this is the way a suit has to fit".

If you go out on the street, 90% of the people that wear suits ( that is a small part of the people ) wear their suits like this and their ugly shoes bought from the mainstream shops.

Yes sure, we can say, they are all wrong and we right.

But they are more of the 90% of people.

So in pratical terms, even if we disagree, on the general view, they are the ones who are right dressed no us.

Under that point of view, Macca is simply dressed like the world perceives as OK.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the suit is forgivable, perhaps even understandable. But you are telling me someone with $400 million in the bank doesn't have any dress shoes except these?

95581_450_45.jpg

The Doctor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
McCartney hasn't looked good in a suit since the early Beatles publicity shots. He does look pretty good in sportswear however. I think he has style, it just isn't with suits anymore.

He just needs guided in the right direction but probably has one or two million, sorry other things on his mind at present.

smack.gif

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Macca is reaching an age when comfort is far more important than sartorial excellence...

he will be modelling for Mephisto or Scholl very soon..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads