• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

josef1

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Sharing shots of my Linea Maestro Double Monks in dark brown museum calf on the Park last. Jo Shoes Museum.jpg
20190501_125134.jpg
20190501_124630.jpg

Aleksejs

Reaction score
I have a question regarding Meermin hiro fit.

I do want to order Cordovan loafers on MTO.
I do wear 7UK in everything from Cheaney and Crockett and Jones.
7.5UK in J.FitzPatrick.

I did ordered UK7 in meermin, they were far to small.

How do they run in Hiro last comparing to listed UK makers?

I am based in UK, so all sizes are UK.

Rimaarts

Reaction score
I have a question regarding Meermin hiro fit.

I do want to order Cordovan loafers on MTO.
I do wear 7UK in everything from Cheaney and Crockett and Jones.
7.5UK in J.FitzPatrick.

I did ordered UK7 in meermin, they were far to small.

How do they run in Hiro last comparing to listed UK makers?

I am based in UK, so all sizes are UK.

Did you actually allowed time to break in? Im normally 10-10.5 in loake and trickers, bought monk Hiro boots 10.5, could barely get them on and my heels were bleeding after 30min walk outside... 1 month later, I can easily wear them for half a day with my thinnest socks. On the other hand bought Ron loafers 11, and im scared when they break in, they'll be too big....

Aleksejs

Reaction score
Did you actually allowed time to break in? Im normally 10-10.5 in loake and trickers, bought monk Hiro boots 10.5, could barely get them on and my heels were bleeding after 30min walk outside... 1 month later, I can easily wear them for half a day with my thinnest socks. On the other hand bought Ron loafers 11, and im scared when they break in, they'll be too big....

No, I didn't, I couldn't put then on.
Plus, CJ and Cheaney break in doesn't involve so much pressure and pain, as Meermin would.

Last edited:

Aleksejs

Reaction score
I am also a bit concerned regarding "comfort" as I do expect feeling xom
And you can't get them for 90£ shipped seconds!
Yeah, but still, MTO is around CJ bench grade price and I always wanted to try cordovan loafers.
They will reach £360 but no returns on exchange.

theedoor

Reaction score
General question regarding Meermin fit. I have Loake Pimlico's in Size 9 UK (Capital last) and want to pick up a couple pairs of Meermin's (Hiro, Elton or Rois). The Pimlico's fit perfect for my preference.

For Elton or Hiro, should I go up to 9.5, and for Rois stay at 9?

As an aside, I've purchased an 8.5 Elton in the past and they were way too tight (even after stretching), so I'm not sure if it's a half or full size thats I need to go up. But I would rather have a shoe that are a half size too big, that I can use inserts of tongue pads on, than a shoe that is a half size too small.

josef1

Reaction score
So glad to finally get my pair of llama tassel loafers! And the strangest thing is, although according to measurements, 11 Ron last should fit the same as 10.5 Hiro, loafers fit me way better than my monk boots!

Any ideas if lama and calf leather care routines should be any different?

View attachment 1169742

View attachment 1169743

Care routine should be the same. Got a pair myself and upon research, it isn't actually made from a llama (animal) haha
Meermin stated that it's shrunken baby calf that gives it a natural grain texture as opposed to stamping them like the usual pebble grain. They just really names it lama, sad to say.

Thomas_M

Reaction score
Just received those.
They feel great!
I love the HIRO last from Meermin.
To be honest, I own a few others higher end brands but the HIRO and the quality from Meermin is really nice. And the price is really sweet.

Turner

Reaction score
Could anyone, owning the unlined loafers, take a look under the strap if there's a sticky substance / glue where it meets the vamp? Pictures would be great.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wish these were tan and not so reddish-brown but whatever. They're essentially exactly what I've wanted for a light suede shoe for warmer months.

Also, these shoes are comfortable right out the box.
20190513_093357.jpg

theedoor

Reaction score
General question regarding Meermin fit. I have Loake Pimlico's in Size 9 UK (Capital last) and want to pick up a couple pairs of Meermin's (Hiro, Elton or Rois). The Pimlico's fit perfect for my preference.

For Elton or Hiro, should I go up to 9.5, and for Rois stay at 9?

As an aside, I've purchased an 8.5 Elton in the past and they were way too tight (even after stretching), so I'm not sure if it's a half or full size thats I need to go up. But I would rather have a shoe that are a half size too big, that I can use inserts of tongue pads on, than a shoe that is a half size too small.

bump. basically does Loake Capital 9 UK = Meermin Elton/Hiro/Rois 9.5UK?

Oldsrocket27

Reaction score
Is there a reason why I wouldn't want to use waterproof spray on those unlined alicante suede loafers? It wouldn't ruin the breathability would it?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads