• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

victorioussiry

Reaction score
Anyone having problems paying with a credit card on the Meermin site?

Decided to buy some black double monks (Elton last), they are ready for shipping already, but cannot pay for them because their payment interface seems to be buggy.

Don't really want to use paypal and pay an extra $20 or whatever it is, if there's no real reason to.

Really want these shoes to arrive before a business trip next week!
I ordered from Meermin website about 2 months ago for a MTO.
Had the same buggy credit card situation that I ended up paying with paypal.

But be aware that your credit card may be put on hold by your bank because that is what had happened to me.
I think it was because mine was a debit card issued by bank and you always need to let the bank know if you make any transaction overseas.

Last edited:

Garrick

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies on this.

I fired off an email to Meermin when I couldn't get it to work and they responded pretty quickly and sent me a paypay request sans their usual fees, which I thought was excellent customer service (by god, paypal don't half **** you on the exchange rate, though, if you're using a credit card in a different currency to the transaction!.

I called my card provider when it didn't go through but they said the transaction hadn't even appeared on their systems, meaning it was a merchant issue. I always tend towards placing more trust in my bank than paypal, but touch wood, never had a problem with either.

So, looking forward to receiving my first pair of double monks!

I guess in keeping with what seems to be forum tradition, I shall have to post a photo when they get here.

Last edited:

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received payment request from Meermin, means my shoes should ship soon (hopefully today or tomorrow) and be here by the end of next week! Now I'm crossing my fingers hoping the additional fees won't hike over 60-70$ at most!..

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hi there. I'm looking to sell a pair of Meermin Linea maestro oxfords, size 7'5 UK for £100. I bought these off Meermin's factory seconds ebay seller with the hope that I could fit into the 7'5 size (I wear 7'5 for the rui last) but seems like it is 1/2 a size too small for me. I have only worn this once on carpet flooring in my house, so it is as good as new. Preferably, I would like to sell to anyone within the UK/London to avoid the headaches/costs of international shipping. If you are within zone 1 London, we could also do cash on delivery too. PM me if you're interested. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [COLOR=333333]Brand:Meermin mallorca(Linea maestro) Style: Cap toe oxford 5 eyelet Upper: Black Naturcalf Size: 7'5UK -- 8'5US -- 41EU Wide: E-medium Last: Park Sole: single leather sole (close channel) Original Meermin box Retail price:260€ [/COLOR] -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR]
How's the instep on that last?

Liber

Reaction score
For those of you that were interested in jodhpur boots, I've received an email from Meermin saying that they're preparing a sample in suede now and will have a GMTO soon.

santilondon

Reaction score
Hi! Thanks a lot for the pics. Would it be possible for you to share some more as I'm about to pull the trigger and get them? It'd be great to see how they look under normal light conditions. Also if you could share your experience now that it has been a few months? Many thanks!!

santilondon

Reaction score
519c0d1ae03d04bdf2eab442bdd5da01.jpg

Just received my 101477 - DARK BROWN LAMA CALF size 10.5uk. Shipping only took 5 days, 3 business to arrive in NYC from Spain via FedEx.

Shoes are in very good condition, leather smells wonderful and other than some slight scratches on the left midsole:
33a2bdcb49677ae163d58ff822f8341e.jpg

And a bit of glue peeping out from under the right toe welt:
34d17cf7c19683d57181fed57747272b.jpg

They are perfect.

I placed the order and they we're ready so long ago I was even charged by Meermins old pricing model in euros.

I'm going to treat them with paste and polish and give my comfort impressions tomorrow after a day in the NYC elements.

Hi! Thanks a lot for the pics. Would it be possible for you to share some more as I'm about to pull the trigger and get them? It'd be great to see how they look under normal light conditions. Also if you could share your experience now that it has been a few months? Many thanks!! @TheBlackDonDraper

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi @MTLinStyle

Because of lack of time to prepare, I opted to have them shipped to my place and absorb the cost of additional fees (I'm mentally prepared to get ripped, of course).

Although, before my next order, I would like to get in touch with Fedex to see what are my options regarding prepayment of said import fees before arrival at my Kinek service point.

rayc

Reaction score
I'm looking for some advice regarding to moisturizing my meermin Long wing shell cordovan. I've already treated mine with saphir renovateur, saphir cordovan cream and deer bone, but it still looks really dry when I wear it.

This is before 1st wear:

This is on 3rd wear after all of the above treatments.

Last edited:

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Keep wearing them.

What you are seeing is the redistribution of fats. Leather is stuffed with fats and oils, when it is bent the fats are pushed out of that area causing the temporary lightening of the leather. As you continue to wear them the fat will eventually make its way back, and the lightening will eventually cease.

Keep wearing them, and enjoy.

DL-

Markwilo13

Reaction score
My foot dimensions are 270mm length and around 103mm wide. I'm looking at some brogues with the Rui last. Would you recommend a UK 8 or 8.5??

Claus

Reaction score

That's very odd. Length of my foot is approximately 263mm and I wear Nikes in US8/UK7 which is 260mm or US8.5 if i want to have a bit of toe room.
I wear UK6 on Olfe last and leaves me with ample amount of toe room due to the elongated shape of the last. UK7.5 will definitely be too big. I reckon 6.5 would do fine if you want them fit snug.
Have you tried the AE in US9.5 or did you only get the measurements? I recommend you to actually try some shoes on before making the assumption.

No offence, but you shouldn't compare yourself to others.

With a foot length of 263mm, your reference size are UK 8 and US 9. This means, the sizes of your shoes should be as close as possible to these reference sizes.

Otherwise you don't have enough toe room. The common recommendation is at least 13mm added to your foot length. That's 1.5 units.

My guess is that your foot volume is probably relatively low compared to the average, since your shoes are quite a bit smaller. In other words, your feet are closer to a C width (ie. narrow). Maybe even B.

Elongated lasts are meant to change the look of a shoe, not its fit.

It's therefore no surprise you find the OP's numbers odd.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads