• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LucasFilms

Reaction score
Yanko is the same price or more than Carmina to the US right now. Carmina is about $335 +$25 shipping. Yanko is $400+.

In Spain Yanko tends to be a bit less expensive, but the final price for both (Yanko and Carmina) depends on final sales prices each year. If anyone is interested I am selling a pair of Yanko shoes through marketplace. Bought them for me and never really fitted (a bit small). I think I didnt even wore them on the street... USD 89.

I also saw in these threads that some people make bulk orders of shoes to get a discount. I wonder why not finding someone to buy directly for you guys in Madrid, because some shoes might be on sale and be a lot cheaper; maybe it is just specific models but it might be a pretty good saving. In Spain I think Carmina is perceived as expensive for the quality, which is really good, but still expensive as there are so many option. Spain produces high quality shoes; there are many brands.

I also wonder how Berwick, Barrats or Lottusse are perceived in the US, if available..

Last edited:

moixet

Reaction score
In Spain Yanko tends to be a bit less expensive, but the final price for both (Yanko and Carmina) depends on final sales prices each year. If anyone is interested I am selling a pair of Yanko shoes through marketplace. Bought them for me and never really fitted (a bit small). I think I didnt even wore them on the street... USD 89.

I also saw in these threads that some people make bulk orders of shoes to get a discount. I wonder why not finding someone to buy directly for you guys in Madrid, because some shoes might be on sale and be a lot cheaper; maybe it is just specific models but it might be a pretty good saving. In Spain I think Carmina is perceived as expensive for the quality, which is really good, but still expensive as there are so many option. Spain produces high quality shoes; there are many brands.

I also wonder how Berwick, Barrats or Lottusse are perceived in the US, if available..
in my opinion you can't compare Carmina with other spanish brands, Carmina use the best materials, including Hoween Cordovan.
I compare Carmina quality with Alden not with Barrats, Yanko or Lotusse.

Romans116

Reaction score
Quote:
most business dealing with multiple currency's just adjusts the price based on a currency calculation. Meermin may not be run by the best business men but i suppose these shoe companies aren't huge entities so who cares i guess.

TheBlackDonDraper

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm trying to pay for a meermin shoe and on the last step of payment processing I keep getting "Error in communication with the business. Please try again later"

I tried contacting Meermin but they aren't responsive. !

LucasFilms

Reaction score
it's friday aftern
Hey,

I'm trying to pay for a meermin shoe and on the last step of payment processing I keep getting "Error in communication with the business. Please try again later"

I tried contacting Meermin but they aren't responsive. !

it's friday evening in Spain. I dont think you can get this fixed before next monday

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys I received my faux galways. I am happy to report that at first visual inspection there does not seem to be any issues except for the awful smell of glue that is noticeable inside of the shoes. I do not know if any of you guys sensed this but my boots smell awful. I do not know why Meermin needed to use glue? I thought that fur lining was to be stitched. Anyways I hope this smell will disappear after while.

I want to thank @DavidLane to organize this. It was noble effort. David unfortunately I cannot take a really nice pictures but here is the shot of Norwegese stitching and to my untrained eye it seems to have been executed flawlessly on both boots.

I also want to thank Meermin for agreeing to do this but it is clear that Meermin still needs to work on QC issues.

tommygoodkin

Reaction score
I've been wearing my Galways for almost two weeks now. There was a little discomfort in the heel at first, especially if laced too tightly, but I've found that with wear and the right tightness on the laces, they fit well. They're actually surprisingly comfortable in contrast to my other Meermins.
I've put saphir renovateur and creme polish on them twice because of walking around in snow and salt covered sidewalks and they look better than the shoes when they were new. The shearling is very warm and I feel comfortable in thin socks. I've found that the Ridgeway soles are incredibly rigid and will probably last a long time and endure a lot, but don't have much give and probably won't break in much.
Overall, I think these were pulled off very well, thank you @DavidLane and Meermin.

I'll post pictures later.

JulianVH

Reaction score
Could someone please help me with sizing for the RON last? I'm planning on purchasing the MTO Burgundy Penny loafer bit am unsure what size to get. I usually wear a 42 and recently purchased the LM Museum Calf Double Monks on the Park last in UK size 8 and they seem to fit relatively well (though a little bit tight on my little toe). I've read in an earlier page that sizing down half a size is recommend for loafers?

Last edited:

02///M3

Reaction score

Could someone please help me with sizing for the RON last? I'm planning on purchasing the MTO Burgundy Penny loafer bit am unsure what size to get. I usually wear a 42 and recently purchased the LM Museum Calf Double Monks on the Park last in size 42's and they seem to fit relatively well (though a little bit tight on my little toe). I've read in an earlier page that sizing down half a size is recommend for loafers?

I sized down half for the Ron (10.5UK in Hiro to 10UK in Ron) and think it was the right call.

p.henrik

Reaction score
Got a fraud meermin email this morning. It's so obviously fraud that I doubt anyone will go for it, but in case it hasn't been mentioned here, thought I should let you know.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads