• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TiberiasUSA

Reaction score
just placed my order for the meermin park last double monks in brown and plum museum calf :D

sarteaga

Reaction score
Hi

Can someone comment on Park last fit, instep, and toe (eg. high/medium instep, toe width) whether they are more comparable to Hiro or Olfe.

I have an oxford in Hiro last but it fits poorly on my feet as I have flat feet and toes wider than Hiro toe width. I definitely thinks Olfe would do much better.

I sized up by 1/2 on the Park last and probably shouldn't have. I am a 10UK in both Hiro and Olfe. I should have gone with 10UK not 10.5UK instead.

MrTopCat

Reaction score
Hi

Can someone comment on Park last fit, instep, and toe (eg. high/medium instep, toe width) whether they are more comparable to Hiro or Olfe.

I have an oxford in Hiro last but it fits poorly on my feet as I have flat feet and toes wider than Hiro toe width. I definitely thinks Olfe would do much better.

I don't have any Meermin shoes other than my Park last double monks, but I took my usual size for other shoes (7 UK) and they fit perfectly!

AL FINK

Reaction score
I sized up by 1/2 on the Park last and probably shouldn't have. I am a 10UK in both Hiro and Olfe. I should have gone with 10UK not 10.5UK instead.

I don't have any Meermin shoes other than my Park last double monks, but I took my usual size for other shoes (7 UK) and they fit perfectly!

Thanks guys. I do have a Meermin in Hiro, just that I need a felt tongue pad as the instep is quite high for me. For the toe box, it was pinching for a few weeks and now it's quite snug but wearable.

I figured out the Olfe would be perfect but would also like to try Park. I just want to make sure that Park/Olfe lasts would fit my feet properly unlike Hiro.

For sizing, I'm definitely sure I'm a 9 as if I size down from Hiro, I would need to cut off my toes. Size up, I'll swim in the shoes.

Cheers.

Last edited:

stijn

Reaction score
I am pretty much ordering every pair of boots meermin has right now with rubber soles. I wish they had some better cordovan options though.

I would kill for a set of these with full rubber soles right now.

Just had to quote this "old" post. Great pair of boots but looks like a pair of Carmina's unless I'm mistaking...
Just sent an e-mail to Meermin for a GMTO request/proposal:

Style: 101477
Last: Hiro
Upper: Cordovan shell
Color: Cognac
Sole: Full Rubber
Construction GY-1
Welt: Sky
Inner: Colored lining/fur lining if possible?

No idea on the current cordovan shell availability though...

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shame you didnt ask for GY-2 so its to LM standards. Don't see the point of shell on anything less...I do see the point of it from a cost point of view but shell will potentially last you so many years why cheap out of the construction of the shoe itself.

stijn

Reaction score
I'll await their reply, I do get your point. Will discuss this if they show interest for this setup.

loxo

Reaction score
I ordered the same shoe. However, as the MTO notes, they're not due to ship until late January.

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shame you didnt ask for GY-2 so its to LM standards. Don't see the point of shell on anything less...I do see the point of it from a cost point of view but shell will potentially last you so many years why cheap out of the construction of the shoe itself.

The two recent proposed shell GMTOs by Meermin are constructed on GY-1 standard. The all-in cost does not exceed $350 (for the longwings).

Is handwelted really about durability more so than craftmanship appreciation? Some of the older shoes I've seen on the forum belong to AE and Alden shells and none of them are handcrafted but have lasted for over decades with numerous resoles.

I was actually okay with them on the classic line since it's cheaper and it's a great alternative to the more expensive shell offerings from AE, Carmina, Alden, Vass, etc...

Last edited:

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The two recent proposed shell GMTOs by Meermin are constructed on GY-1 standard. The all-in cost does not exceed $350 (for the longwings).

Is handwelted really about durability more so than craftmanship appreciation? Some of the older shoes I've seen on the forum belong to AE and Alden shells and none of them are handcrafted but have lasted for over decades with numerous resoles.

I was actually okay with them on the classic line since it's cheaper and it's a great alternative to the more expensive shell offerings from AE, Carmina, Alden, Vass, etc...

Yes the GY-1 nature of those is what kept me from ordering that lovely cherry shell balmoral. Agree its a good price point and probably an interesting spot to occupy in the market.

You might be right in terms of construction and im not going to debate that because I don't know one way or another although I generally expect the LM line to be of better construction and craftsmanship. My main reason for the preference for GY-2 is simply comfort and experience, in contrast to the classic line shoes the LM ones have conformed to the foot, broken in and wear more comfortably than the classic line ones do, the quality of small details also seems to be better on the LM line although that could just be luck of the draw. I'm not adverse to the classic line, and would recommend them to people for a good value for money shoe, but if you are going to splash out on shell imo its worth the extra of having the comfort and quality that the LM lines seem to bring.

Anyway that's just my opinion based off owning a couple of each line.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads