• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am already in, but I agree that would be great on this boot.

I never thought of shell as an option. I (personally) didn't think it could be had in pebble grain from Meermin. I for one would like to see that someday, but not likely for this make up.

Maybe its because I am already waiting on the Shell Balmorals as well...
colgate.gif

DL-

leetpuma

Reaction score
Ok guys the MTO suede Adelaide is a GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pepe approved

Also they will make an matching suede belt if you want one. <-- Talk about good service :)

Also x2 the much debated park last will be out in 10ish days according to Pepe.

It will look almost exactly like this image:

Right now its specs are:
As of now it seems like the MTO will basically be:
1) Leather Soles
2) Brogued captoe
3) Copper Suede (reverse calf - higher quality LM suede)
4) Peaked Heal Counters
5) Olfe/Park Lasts (about 7 park's and 2 olfe's)
6) Adelaide form factor
7) Red or purple shoe lining <-- Still deciding
8) Initials with brass nails on sole
9) Phrase on window in lining of shoe

If you are interested in joining this MTO please go here:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/384135/meermin-mto-suede-adelaide-thread-for-those-ordering/

AND pm me your email when you are ready.

Last edited:

leetpuma

Reaction score
Great looking shoe. I cannot for the life of me find that one on the Meermin site. I only see dark brown and snuff suede. I would like that makeup you have right there!

Check out my MTO.
http://www.styleforum.net/t/384135/meermin-mto-suede-adelaide-thread-for-those-ordering/

Meermin only does suede as special runs that are limited to #'s of pairs. That one you see is discontinued.

Luckily :p I just made a MTO for that exact same pair in an copper color.

(Also the colors of suede you see on their website are lower quality split suede this one that is in the MTO is much much higher quality.)

Last edited:

leetpuma

Reaction score
I never thought of shell as an option. I (personally) didn't think it could be had in pebble grain from Meermin. I for one would like to see that someday, but not likely for this make up.

Maybe its because I am already waiting on the Shell Balmorals as well...
colgate.gif

DL-
Well pebble shell cordovan definitely exists:

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/forum/showthread.php?76765-Alden-shell-cordovan-pebble-grain-pics

But I hear you. Those p.henrik dark brown shell balmorals are going to be the shiznit. I will not sleep once meermin says they have shipped. :p

(The only other reason that I bring it up is if you are going to pay the calfskin price the shell price is like 30% more for a whole lot more shoe, over time. Plus the leather is thicker from 1.5-1.6 mm Calf to 1.8-2mm shell)

But the pebble texture probably "makes the shoe." In which case it would be interesting to think about pebble calf upper AND shell lower. But yea just food for thought. Good luck with the MTO.

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A few questions:

1. What type of wax or cream do you guys recommend for Meermin dark brown and black calf leather footwear?
  2. Does anyone have experience with the Rui last? I am considering a pair of PTB shoes, which are ready pending my payment. I really want a pair of PTB in a pebble-grain leather, but may just settle for the Meermin. I asked for MTO but at this time they do not offer pebble-grain. And what shoe tree would you recommend?

ShahinShah

Reaction score
Olfe and Hiro are narrow. Again ill say it again. You should be buying shoes with respect to what fits not what all the fancy fashion gurus tell you (Which at the moment means very sleak). If you fit olfe you will not fit new ray. (in almost every case, i want to stop you from an possible costly mistake)

New ray is just supper narrow. Like 1-1.5 standard deviations off the average, B width. I bet 1/10 ish people can fit it. And those people do not fit olfe/hiro well. Their is an reason that almost all mto's on this forum exclude New Ray. Olfe an hiro are on the average D/D- width.

If you do not want rounded toes any more just buy a chisel toe. Meermin will have a chiseled toe last called park soon.

Okay, so. Given we know I like slimmer shoes and I should have a chiseled toe one; which shoe does Meermin have for someone as me? I looked at Linea Maestro and the only ones I found were New Reys (that is, oxford/adelaide looking shoes).

mfridman

Reaction score
Saphir, always saphir. Its good stuff and recommended and sold by meermin as well.
They themselves sell the Saphir products in their online shop. I suggest you add a can of Renovateur and Pommadier and Patte De Luxe in the corresponding color to your order.

leetpuma

Reaction score
Okay, so. Given we know I like slimmer shoes and I should have a chiseled toe one; which shoe does Meermin have for someone as me? I looked at Linea Maestro and the only ones I found were New Reys (that is, oxford/adelaide looking shoes).
None at the moment.

The park last will be "out" in 2 weeks and then the MTO's will have acess to it.

The regular orders will have access to it whenever the last made into an real shoe. That may take a couple months shoes to come out.

Last edited:

leetpuma

Reaction score
Self Bump

With all the talk of Suede MTO's here is an interesting read about the difference bettween classic line suede versus LM suede:
http://fromsqualortoballer.com/post/67666385491/meermintrunkshow

Also an small question to any suede aficianados:
1) Do you know how you maintain the color of suede over time? Since we may be getting copper suede those cans of suede re-coloring will at best have light brown.

Also if anyone knows how in the world do you condition suede? (Since it is leather it likely will still dry out if not cared for... But i do not think I can use my regular liquid conditioners on it...)

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Osiris2012 Thanks, I only have black and dark brown shoes, so, will consider picking up respective Saphir cream. Do you know if these are good for nourishing, cleaning, and overall maintenance?

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just bought some shoes from the classic line. Great quality shoes but it's a bit stiff at the initial wear. Is there less of a break-in period for shoes from the LM line, assuming the leather is more supple and soft.

Don't think I can ask for a better product for under $250, including shipping/fees.

abi1986

Reaction score

@Osiris2012 Thanks, I only have black and dark brown shoes, so, will consider picking up respective Saphir cream. Do you know if these are good for nourishing, cleaning, and overall maintenance?

Shoe care has been discussed in many threads, but i found really helpful the website hangerproject.com
You can find many suggestions and procedures for shoecare depending on leather type and your commitment and also exhaustive descriptions of all different products.
For basic shoe care: http://www.hangerproject.com/shoe-care-guide/basic-shoe-care-guide
For advanced shoe care: http://www.hangerproject.com/shoe-care-guide/presidential-shoe-shine-guide
For Saphir products overview: http://www.hangerproject.com/shoe-care-guide/saphir-shoe-polish-overview

Geran Brown

Reaction score
Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads