• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

agedashidofu

Reaction score

yes, very little renovateur after the first time, and just a lighter polish.

Probably not cream as the leather absorbs cream better.

Thx. I was initially thinking of using my burgundy cream & polish but was afraid that they msy ruin the "mist"

griffon_id

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Gentlemen, I got word from Sandro that they are ready to proceed on the austerity brogue MTO, whenever we are ready. A few of you have PM'ed me about wanting to participate.

Here is the breakdown so far of what we are going with, couple things still open.

Leather: Brown Museum or Plum Museum Calf (I'm game either way)
Last: New Rey or Olfe (I prefer New Rey)
Lining: Open
Brown heel finish

We need 6 to waive the MTO fee so if you have PM'ed me before and are still interested please PM me again letting me your last preference, leather preference and lining color. Thanks!

Does anyone know what last is that?
http://meermin.tumblr.com/post/38411704588/meerminshoes-austerity-brogue-shined

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gentlemen, I got word from Sandro that they are ready to proceed on the austerity brogue MTO, whenever we are ready. A few of you have PM'ed me about wanting to participate.

Here is the breakdown so far of what we are going with, couple things still open.

Leather: Brown Museum or Plum Museum Calf (I'm game either way)
Last: New Rey or Olfe (I prefer New Rey)
Lining: Open
Brown heel finish

We need 6 to waive the MTO fee so if you have PM'ed me before and are still interested please PM me again letting me your last preference, leather preference and lining color. Thanks!

I may be interested but give me a day or two to determine if Olfe fits me and I will let you know.

Jokanevad

Reaction score
Interest check for a austerity brogue in dark brown museum calf on olfe last
bounce2.gif

Pic from Meermins own instagram:

I think it would be awesome!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

sarteaga

Reaction score
Quote:
Would you be opposed to it being on the New Rey last? We are quickly coming to the 6 needed to waive the MTO fee. If you want to partake in it, please PM me. So far I have 3 who are definitely in, 3 strong possibilities, and 2 that I'm waiting for a response.

joiji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone interested in a PTB on the Olfe? 5 eyelet, double soles, that sort of thing.

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance, as I was not able to easily find last comparisons on this thread. The search function is not great.
I have a Brannock US8.0E, but with a high instep, so I usually end up with a US8.5D in my shoes. (AE 65 last, for example)
I am considering an MTO in boots on the Ama last.
Can anyone offer me any feedback on sizing comparisons between Meermin and AE or Alden?
Thanks

Jokanevad

Reaction score

Quote:
Would you be opposed to it being on the New Rey last? We are quickly coming to the 6 needed to waive the MTO fee. If you want to partake in it, please PM me. So far I have 3 who are definitely in, 3 strong possibilities, and 2 that I'm waiting for a response.
Oh thats good and bad news! Nice to see people interested in the model/style, bad however since I'm not a fan of the new rey :( I own the black double monks in the new rey last and I think they arent very flattering due to the narrow last. If Pepe would accept my request for an olfe lasted shoe as part of your guys group MTO I would absolutley join you guys! I know they have made similar exceptions before :D

costadelmar16

Reaction score
Hey Everyone, I'm really interested in the snuff suede double monks Meermin offers. I am concerned though about the size of the heel. It looks very tall. Can those who have this shoe please share their thoughts. If possible also can someone please share the measurement of how tall the heel is. I spoke to Luisa, who said that the heel is 23mm, but that seem way to large. Thanks for the help.

snowboardpunk

Reaction score
do you guys think the LM line is worth the extra 100 dollars or so? I'm debating on getting the burgundy single monk or the country tan double monks in the classic collection. I want the sleekness of the olfe last but if hire isn't too much wider, I would probably get the double monks.

I have a pair of the suede loafers on the ron last and if the hiro is the same width as the ron last, I'd probably go with the double monks

Jokanevad

Reaction score
do you guys think the LM line is worth the extra 100 dollars or so? I'm debating on getting the burgundy single monk or the country tan double monks in the classic collection. I want the sleekness of the olfe last but if hire isn't too much wider, I would probably get the double monks.

I have a pair of the suede loafers on the ron last and if the hiro is the same width as the ron last, I'd probably go with the double monks
I would say there is a big diffrence between the LM and CL shoes. I myself have double monks from both lines and the LM are really holding up better, which is excpted of the price. I do think the extra 100 is more than worth it tho and i´m not going back to the €160 shoes :) The diffrence in leather and construction is just so substaintial. Hope this helps

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads