• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lfzhao5

Reaction score
I suppose the stock question would best be answered by, how many pairs they’d already made by the time they got around to making your pair, not necessarily that this was the first time they offered the particular shell.

In any case, I agree that having to wait can be frustrating; unfortunately it’s an unavoidable reality of the MTO world. When you do get them they’re gonna be something special though, bourbon shell :thumbs-up:

Yea def, I don't mind waiting, just that mine MTO has been so late, and they didn't say the leather I picked was OOS or why the long wait time. Or offered any freebies like previously MTO when it was late they offered shoe tree or brush etc.

I like how meermin communicated to you that the marbled shell was OOS, therefore the longer wait.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did they really come without any pull tabs or did you remove them afterwards?
I got the punch cap jump boot MTO from late last year. I chose shearling linings and they came without pull tabs which would have been a huge bonus as with all that luscious fur inside they don’t exactly slide on! Massive oversight by Meermin there.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know Meermin does waxy kudu gmtos, but these builds really caught my eye this time around...most likely because I'm been thinking of adding another kudu boot.

I like the mini-lug soles on both.

zurich64

Reaction score
Ultra flex system in Meermin she'll boots is really comfortable for walking on cobblestone streets in alpine villages.
IMG_20210914_134833.jpg
IMG_20210914_135256.jpg

zurich64

Reaction score
What’s your polish regiment.
I brush the boots after taking them off, and put in shoe trees.
Every couple of wears, I clean with a drop or two of regular leather cleaner, or saphir renovateur (very little amounts).
I apply a thin coat of wax all over, using saphir wax polish in clear or color.
Brush hard with a horse or pig hair brush.
Wax helps with rain protection. On the vamp, apply very little and remove by rubbing with a cloth

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As if that would change anything. This damn makeup fits and feels so good on my feet, I look at my two pair and think, dammit I should gotten at least four pair.
Hah! Thanks for the clarification. When I slip these on, ‘I should’ve done what stephenaf did, purchase a second pair’ runs through my mind but I guess at that point I’d be thinking I should’ve gotten a 3rd or 4th.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics