• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zikarus

Reaction score
The currency exchange rates via PayPal are more expensive for us buyers though (compared to the credit card rates)...

Rimaarts

Reaction score
The currency exchange rates via PayPal are more expensive for us buyers though (compared to the credit card rates)...

I didn't check too often, but when I did, they were lower than my bank, no extra 5£ fee for outside UK purchase... and not much different than Google showed...

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sooooo… did anyone jump on the Horween drop?

I really want to but I just ordered the previous Marbled MTO drop and am patiently awaiting for those to arrive. This is my first Meermin order, and I am not sure if I ordered too small or not, so I don't want to make the same mistake twice on non-returnable shoes.

I'm really hoping that fit is spot on, and that Meermin keeps heading in this direction and expands with some other color offerings!

zurich64

Reaction score

I really want to but I just ordered the previous Marbled MTO drop and am patiently awaiting for those to arrive. This is my first Meermin order, and I am not sure if I ordered too small or not, so I don't want to make the same mistake twice on non-returnable shoes.

I'm really hoping that fit is spot on, and that Meermin keeps heading in this direction and expands with some other color offerings!
I wanted to, but at 600 bucks, I could not consider online order, without trying the shoe and checking how the make is. This is the reason I mostly buy shoes from AE in the USA and C&J in London.
If I find myself in a city with a Meermin store, I will go to buy some loafers. I doubt cordovans with Horween shell will be a stock item.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I’m afraid they missed the mark for me,. #8 and cap-toe boot, (even though it’s Horween) is not exactly a special event, at least for me.

I am curious to see if they offer different Horween shell colors, and the prices/styles on offer, will determine if I bite.

nubirth

Reaction score
I wear 9D in Allen Edmonds dress shoes which is a medium. I want to try these loafers in the same size ( 8 UK, 9 US). Anyone had any experience with the sizing on these?

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear 9D in Allen Edmonds dress shoes which is a medium. I want to try these loafers in the same size ( 8 UK, 9 US). Anyone had any experience with the sizing on these?

I personally found the RON last to be long and narrow, but others have found it fit well and TTS.

austinpigalle

Reaction score
Curious if anyone here either owns or has seen the "Rust Waxy Commander" Chelsea boots (style 101050) in person? I recently discovered this style, and I really like how they look. From my research, Meermin gets mixed reviews (QC, comfort, etc.) so I'm currently on the fence. For those who have them, or a similar style, would you recommend them? How have they worn in after some time on foot?

Idesofmarch17

Reaction score
Curious if anyone here either owns or has seen the "Rust Waxy Commander" Chelsea boots (style 101050) in person? I recently discovered this style, and I really like how they look. From my research, Meermin gets mixed reviews (QC, comfort, etc.) so I'm currently on the fence. For those who have them, or a similar style, would you recommend them? How have they worn in after some time on foot?
I own them. Super awesome for the price, but breaking them in sucks a lot, but that’s par for the course with Meermin.

austinpigalle

Reaction score
I own them. Super awesome for the price, but breaking them in sucks a lot, but that’s par for the course with Meermin.
Awesome, I'm glad to hear you like them. How are they looking after you've broken them in? Does the material show many creases or signs of wear? When I emailed in they recommended the Dubbin Mink Oil Wax for maintenance. Any chance you've used this, or something similar? Thanks in advance for your help -- I really appreciate it!

Idesofmarch17

Reaction score
Awesome, I'm glad to hear you like them. How are they looking after you've broken them in? Does the material show many creases or signs of wear? When I emailed in they recommended the Dubbin Mink Oil Wax for maintenance. Any chance you've used this, or something similar? Thanks in advance for your help -- I really appreciate it!
Nope, haven’t used anything for maintenance. They are creased but that’s also par for the course.

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A six-month review of them can be found at the following links:

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly I think breaking in any new boot Goodyear welted or not tends to suck, also breaking in anything Goodyear welted depends on a lot of factors like how tight it was lasted, thickness of leather, type of sole ect. I don't think this is necessarily a deal breaker for buying Meermin or any other quality Goodyear welted product. It's kind of like raw denim, it's just part of the adventure!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads