• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ScooberJake

Reaction score
Please excuse my ignorance, what or where is B&S?

Buy and Sell. Click on "Marketplace" on the Style Forum banner. Then Classic Mensware, then Search this forum. Search for meermin, I think the current second and third results are both black cap toe oxfords.

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sizing Question

I have read this thread, I promise. I still don't know if I can take a New Rey - I am 10.5 D / E (I can wear a D relatively comfortably after a break in - pressure point is my little toe, no where else) and I can wear a C&J 348 in a 9.5 E just fine.

Can I wear a New Rey and if so, is 9.5 the likely correct size?

onraj

Reaction score
Sizing Question

I have read this thread, I promise. I still don't know if I can take a New Rey - I am 10.5 D / E (I can wear a D relatively comfortably after a break in - pressure point is my little toe, no where else) and I can wear a C&J 348 in a 9.5 E just fine.

Can I wear a New Rey and if so, is 9.5 the likely correct size?

I normally wear UK7. For New Ray I had to take UK8 and its still a bit snug from the little toe area (starting to be ok after several wears). Then again one does not want to over size too much so i would only order it if you know you can wear pretty narrow last.

Last edited:

nekkidbuns

Reaction score
Dear Meermin customers,

The information that you use to login on the Meermin website have been leaked online. If you use the same credentials to login at PayPal, email or other sensitive accounts, please change them immediately. Maybe they forgot to reply me and send me a notification, but it seems Meermin is not taking responsibility to (timely) inform their customers, so I will try to reach as many as I can myself, starting with Style Forum.

After I Googled myself a couple weeks ago I noticed that the login credentials of me and other Meermin customers were posted here (the page has since been taken down on my request). It contained all the user names and passwords of Meermin customers, along with the accounts of Meermin employees. There were over 1200 accounts in total. I proved this to Meermin by emailing them the credentials of mr. Albaladejo. Our last two emails:

Quote:
Hello Meermin,
As I have mentioned in my previous email though, a lot of people use the same information as their Meermin account for other accounts, such as PayPal.
Its been a couple of days and as far as I can tell your customers have not been informed yet. Have I missed the email?

Again, it is possible that they have already notified all customers, but forgot to include me... They did not reply my last message however, so I'm just making sure.
Please change your credentials if they are the same ones you use on the Meermin website.

Southeasterly

Reaction score
A quick shot of the cherry shell in sunlight.

Esbo

Reaction score
Hello,

I'am thinking about buying loafers from Meermin but I'd like to hear what size you would recommend.
Loake Kempton in size 8,5 is good for me for example.

squalidozzi

Reaction score
Hi Squal,

Both your Meermins look gorgeous. Really sad to hear that you have to let them go due to it being too big.

Btw, when you mentioned that the Elton last on your wholecuts and double monks being quite similar to the Rui, i would guess that you have tried the Rui last before?

Yep, I have suede bluchers in the Rui last, size 10. They fit similarly in terms of length, but the Rui is roomier in the toe, for sure

TheFluffer

Reaction score
Yep, I have suede bluchers in the Rui last, size 10. They fit similarly in terms of length, but the Rui is roomier in the toe, for sure

Thanks for your input! i will proceed to make an order on their country calf bluchers and experiment with their sizing from there :)

cheers.

Hof

Reaction score
Anyone got pictures of the dark brown country calf PTB in the wild? Seriously eyeing them up right now.

golfinz

Reaction score
Got my park lasted adel captoes in! I LOVE the park last! It has a narrow-ish heel and feels great in the forefoot. I would say it's similar to the Carmina rain but with a narrower heel. Big fan of this one, unfortunately I got a half size big after going with meermins suggestion. If anyone wears a size uk6, I'll give them a killer deal since I wore them once outside. I'll post a real FS thread here soon. Just wanted to give my impressions.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads