• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents, trying to get this straight in my head. I'm a UK9 in Rey which is fine in length but a bit snug in width. Should I stick with the 9 for Rui or size down a half as per Luisa's suggestion?

Torsion

Reaction score
:bounce2: wahooo! Slightly excited - my Meermin order has been delivered to my apartment! Will post photos when I get a chance.

Def in the sh#t with the misses though - somehow got to hide x3 new pairs....:facepalm:

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Brannock: 9D
EG 202, 606, 82, 64, 184: 8.5
EG 888: 8.5, but a bit tight
C&J 337, 341, 325: 8
C&J 330: 8, but a bit tight
Alden Leydon: 9
JL 7000, 9795: 8
Meermin Hiro and Rui: 8 (Hiro is slightly low on the instep, but it's OK after a few wears).

Can I ask how well the C&J 325 last fits you? It's my best frame of reference as I have a size 9 in that which is just a tiny bit big. Ta

joiji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents, trying to get this straight in my head. I'm a UK9 in Rey which is fine in length but a bit snug in width. Should I stick with the 9 for Rui or size down a half as per Luisa's suggestion?

I would size down half a size from your New Rey size, unless you are already finding New Rey almost too short.

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pulled the trigger on the country boot in 8.5. Hopefully be ready around the same time as the group MTO! :slayer:

Last edited:

phorm

Reaction score

Updates on my shell LWBs after 6 months of use..so far so good, only maintenance is brush brush brush and I applied Saphir to feed the shell twice.

Nice!

g-banger

Reaction score
Hey All

Im going to order a pair of the Brown Tassle Loafers - i wear a 8UK in Loakes and 8.5E/9D in Allen Edmonds. i assume i should go with the 8UK in these also?

This will be my first pair of Meerims, i hear they are great!

Cheers

Aieyric

Reaction score

totolino85

Reaction score
How is the stock in Madrid store?
They maintain full stock of all size/models right?

I have a friend that fly regularly to Madrid so I could avoid the wait and delay.
I think stock in Madrid is quite good, I think they also have some shoes not present in their webpage.

I had to ship them back my last order for bad size , I got the size more in few days delivered from Madrid and not from Mallorca; same did a friend of mine and got also his new shoes from Madrid.

If you can that's a good way to go!

kcox68

Reaction score
Looks like my black whole-cuts and burgundy side-laced oxfords are shipping very soon which is a relief since I needed the whole-cuts for a formal event next weekend. However, I had originally ordered the Classic whole-cuts but they weren't going to be ready in time even though I ordered around 45 days ago. Instead, I asked if the LM whole-cuts were available and offered to pay the increased price. They are also sending a free belt which I thought was very generous of them, especially since I was going to get one with my next order, anyway.

I'm excited to see if I can tell the difference in quality between the Classic and LM lines. The Classics I have are very good quality and have been holding up with 2-3 days use per week with no problem. I would absolutely put the quality of Meermin's Classic line above AE as did my tailor and my cobbler. If the LM are even better and still less than AE firsts at retail, I think that's a steal.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I haven't searched through the entire thread for sizing tips.. but can anyone help me out?

http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2712

These guys are gorgeous and, from what I can tell, not something Carmina offers.

I wear a 10.5UK in the Inca last for Carmina. Do you think I'd order the same, 10.5uk from Meermin?

If these are ready in shop, what's the wait time like and how many people have had issues with getting them shipped to the USA?

Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics