• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone else experiencing a very slow response rate on classic collection (non-custom) shoes?

I placed an order 3 weeks ago, was contacted a week later to say that the shoes were available and ready to ship, and that a PayPal invoice would be arriving shortly. Have heard nothing since then (15 days), and Sandro has not responded to my email follow-up.

Not sure if this is a normal part of the "mañana mañana" business culture in Spain...

Thanks!

Exact same story for me. I've pretty much given up. Not sure I'd pay them if the paypal invoice actually arrived at this point. Annoying to say the least.

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Don't know if all the pics went on I can only see the inside profile one. The marks are really the least concerning and, as I said, I wasn't expecting all round Norwegian stitching, it was really a weather resistance thing not aesthetics. I'm happy enough with them they just look a bit clunky and the premium paid kinda means I don't get that bang for your buck thing you do with regular LM. On the bright side, they were 3 weeks late so I blagged free trees! :)

bespoken4me

Reaction score
I've gotta say- Pepe, Luisa, and Sandro are, from personal buying perspective, getting a bad rap, but for anyone who has had a poor response/ reply/ delivery experience , no one can say you don't have gounds for complaint. I find this company to be quite efficient, given the distance, and fact that you are directly dealing with family ownership. To each his own

bespoken4me

Reaction score
I've gotta say- Pepe, Luisa, and Sandro are, from personal buying perspective, getting a bad rap, but for anyone who has had a poor response/ reply/ delivery experience , no one can say you don't have gounds for complaint. I find this company to be quite efficient, given the distance, and fact that you are directly dealing with family ownership. To each his own

kungapa

Reaction score

What we see here on SF are the times something has gone wrong - I've had nothing but fantastic interactions with Meermin. Quick responses, MTO delivered on time, etc.

minervau

Reaction score

Exact same story for me. I've pretty much given up. Not sure I'd pay them if the paypal invoice actually arrived at this point. Annoying to say the least.

For me I placed an order on Nov. 16, got the message on Nov. 29 to pay via Paypal, did so . . . and now, 10 days later, still haven't heard from them with a tracking number. Maybe the shoes are on their way, or maybe they're still in Spain. But hey, I got a pair a few months back and I really like them, and don't need these urgently, so I'm alright with it. Definitely don't order if you need shoes right away!

REguy

Reaction score

Publius

Reaction score

This was not my experience at all. I wouldn't give up.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Placed my first classic collection order, received a confirmation relatively quick. There is an interesting disclosure that it might take all classic collection orders 45 days to fullfill, so patience will have to be the order of the day. For $206 shipped, if they can match AE quality, I will be very pleased.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Placed my first classic collection order, received a confirmation relatively quick. There is an interesting disclosure that it might take all classic collection orders 45 days to fullfill, so patience will have to be the order of the day. For $206 shipped, if they can match AE quality, I will be very pleased.

Whether the classic line matches AE qualitywise has been a much debated issue in this thread, while I think most agree that the Linea Maestro line definitely surpasses AE. What did you order?

Bonggoy

Reaction score
Oh I can, just too lazy.

Hand welted, yeah, I´m aware of that. Just trying to figure out which would be the better one. I´ve seen the carminas in person, and they look great. The meermins look great too, but they seem to have had a lot of quality issues from what I´ve read here. (not much major, but splitting soles, bad stitching, and such) Does them being hand welted make them so much better? Is the lower price worth the possibly worse quality (even if just slightly).

These are the questions I was seeking answers to. If you have experience with either one of them, I welcome you to share your experience.

I have both. One Meermin Linea Meastro and a few Carmina. Quality is about the same. However, Carmina's leather seems to be of higher quality. I think, even AE has better quality leather.

Last edited:

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Whether the classic line matches AE qualitywise has been a much debated issue in this thread, while I think most agree that the Linea Maestro line definitely surpasses AE.  What did you order?

Black wholecut on the Ama last. I'll have to order a Linea Maestro model soon too, to compare.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There should be new LM offerings on the Olfe and other more accommodating lasts coming after the holidays. 

Some lasts seem to be wider than other lasts, which works for my wide feet. I did notice all LM shoes are on the same last at the moment.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads