Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

Exact same story for me. I've pretty much given up. Not sure I'd pay them if the paypal invoice actually arrived at this point. Annoying to say the least.

2. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

Thanks. Don't know if all the pics went on I can only see the inside profile one. The marks are really the least concerning and, as I said, I wasn't expecting all round Norwegian stitching, it was really a weather resistance thing not aesthetics. I'm happy enough with them they just look a bit clunky and the premium paid kinda means I don't get that bang for your buck thing you do with regular LM. On the bright side, they were 3 weeks late so I blagged free trees! :)

3. bespoken4me

bespoken4me Senior member

I've gotta say- Pepe, Luisa, and Sandro are, from personal buying perspective, getting a bad rap, but for anyone who has had a poor response/ reply/ delivery experience , no one can say you don't have gounds for complaint. I find this company to be quite efficient, given the distance, and fact that you are directly dealing with family ownership. To each his own

4. bespoken4me

bespoken4me Senior member

I've gotta say- Pepe, Luisa, and Sandro are, from personal buying perspective, getting a bad rap, but for anyone who has had a poor response/ reply/ delivery experience , no one can say you don't have gounds for complaint. I find this company to be quite efficient, given the distance, and fact that you are directly dealing with family ownership. To each his own

5. kungapa

kungapa Senior member

What we see here on SF are the times something has gone wrong - I've had nothing but fantastic interactions with Meermin. Quick responses, MTO delivered on time, etc.

6. minervau

minervau Senior member

For me I placed an order on Nov. 16, got the message on Nov. 29 to pay via Paypal, did so . . . and now, 10 days later, still haven't heard from them with a tracking number. Maybe the shoes are on their way, or maybe they're still in Spain. But hey, I got a pair a few months back and I really like them, and don't need these urgently, so I'm alright with it. Definitely don't order if you need shoes right away!

7. REguy

REguy Senior member

Anyone?

8. stevent

stevent Senior member

I wear 10.5D on Trubalance and went with 10UK on Hiro.

9. Publius

Publius Active Member

This was not my experience at all. I wouldn't give up.

10. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Placed my first classic collection order, received a confirmation relatively quick. There is an interesting disclosure that it might take all classic collection orders 45 days to fullfill, so patience will have to be the order of the day. For $206 shipped, if they can match AE quality, I will be very pleased.

11. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Whether the classic line matches AE qualitywise has been a much debated issue in this thread, while I think most agree that the Linea Maestro line definitely surpasses AE. What did you order?

12. Bonggoy

Bonggoy Senior member

I have both. One Meermin Linea Meastro and a few Carmina. Quality is about the same. However, Carmina's leather seems to be of higher quality. I think, even AE has better quality leather.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012

13. JubeiSpiegel

Black wholecut on the Ama last. I'll have to order a Linea Maestro model soon too, to compare.

14. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

There should be new LM offerings on the Olfe and other more accommodating lasts coming after the holidays.

15. JubeiSpiegel

Some lasts seem to be wider than other lasts, which works for my wide feet. I did notice all LM shoes are on the same last at the moment.