• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bpt7594

Reaction score
Except for their ultraflex system which has a foam like insole, does anybody here find that the insole is a bit “hard” when you walk ?

mux8

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the Erik last? I wear 7.5 UK in the Hiro last. Meermin suggests I go up to a full size down or half a size down for the Erik last and 1/2 for the Ron last. Could anyone corroborate?

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some time ago @Meermin did a custom event on unlined loafers where you could choose the leather, some etc.

I was advised to a size lower than usual so I got two pairs and they are so small as to be unwearable. Anyone interested in unworn Pennie’s in size UK 7 PM me.

Meanwhile I’d still like to get a pair that actually fit. Has anyone heard anything about them repeating this event any time soon? Loafers being summer shoes now would be a good time to kick it off.

MrOxford

Reaction score
Meermin NST. Horween Dark Cognac.

Attachments

• 20230309_104911.jpg
    20230309_104911.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 165
  • 20230309_104919.jpg
    20230309_104919.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 162

2Deuce2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying other brands and styles, I’m focusing on a Jodhpur boot, preferably suede. With no experience with Meermin, I’d appreciate your guidance on a few things. AE’s have been my principal brand, and most lasts I can live with, but 65 fits pretty good in 12 D. The Meermin 101499 is the Hiro last, and my size cross references to UK 11. Anything you can tell me about the boot/last? Thank you!

2Deuce2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going thru the Meermin site it looks like these are not in stock. Long wait, right?

MrOxford

Reaction score
Trying other brands and styles, I’m focusing on a Jodhpur boot, preferably suede. With no experience with Meermin, I’d appreciate your guidance on a few things. AE’s have been my principal brand, and most lasts I can live with, but 65 fits pretty good in 12 D. The Meermin 101499 is the Hiro last, and my size cross references to UK 11. Anything you can tell me about the boot/last? Thank you!
The best thing you can do is contact Meermin. Give them your Brannock measurements and provide the circumference of your feet at the ball of your foot and instep. Then tell Meermin which boots you are interested in. Meermin would get back to you with the correct UK size for your feet.

Funny, I had other shoemakers never replying back to me regarding sizing or enquires. That's okay. I take my business somewhere else.

Last edited:

2Deuce2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The best thing you can do is contact Meermin. Give them your Brannock measurements and provide the circumference of your feet at the ball of your foot and instep. Then tell Meermin which boots you are interested in. Meermin would get back to you with the correct UK size for your feet.

Funny, I had other shoemakers never replying back to me regarding sizing or enquires. That's okay. I take my business else.
Thank you!

tyfighter

Reaction score
Could anyone here way in on the shade of brown that the oak antique calf oxfords are? https://www.styleforum.net/threads/meermin-mallorca-shoes.277707/page-1393

I recently bought a medium gray suit (https://www.spierandmackay.com/product/medium-gray--10005-0012-nsnt-01-ss23), and I'm looking for a dark brown pair of oxfords to wear with it. My only current brown shoes are more of a tan/walnut, which the oak seems like it might also be. The expresso antique calf is a little more what I want (https://meermin.com/collections/mens-oxfords/products/101430-expresso-antique-calf-e), but I'm hesitant to go leather sole when I have a couple outdoor weddings coming up and live in a very rainy town.

Thanks!

UncommonSequel

Reaction score
Could anyone here way in on the shade of brown that the oak antique calf oxfords are? https://www.styleforum.net/threads/meermin-mallorca-shoes.277707/page-1393

I recently bought a medium gray suit (https://www.spierandmackay.com/product/medium-gray--10005-0012-nsnt-01-ss23), and I'm looking for a dark brown pair of oxfords to wear with it. My only current brown shoes are more of a tan/walnut, which the oak seems like it might also be. The expresso antique calf is a little more what I want (https://meermin.com/collections/mens-oxfords/products/101430-expresso-antique-calf-e), but I'm hesitant to go leather sole when I have a couple outdoor weddings coming up and live in a very rainy town.

Thanks!

If sticking with brown, then I think the dark brown might be a better fit for that suit:

St1X

Reaction score
How do you care for your waxy kudu boots? Mine got some scuffs and I have no idea how to cover them up

korma_police

Reaction score
I conditioned my green caper kudu with some bick 4 but it didn’t do anything for the scuffs. It feels like I would need to sand some areas to try and even out the scuffs. I think you just have to accept the wear as character with kudu.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads