• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Skelnik

Reaction score
Thanks to the folks of @Meermin who sent along heel sock liners to assist me in my sizing error. Once I install these into my ROD lasted boots, removal of the Ultraflex insoles will result in a perfect fit for my foot.
View attachment 1653260
How do you install them? Do you need to go buy some special glue or do they include something to adhere them to the insole?

milktoast

Reaction score
Anybody know the situation with the Soho store? Google maps says 'permanently closed', but I could've sworn somebody had talked about visiting not too long ago
EDIT: Just checked the website (probably should've done that first :/), "closed for relocation"
Yep, closed for relocation and still no real estimate of when it’ll be ready. Eagerly waiting to try out different lasts..

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you install them? Do you need to go buy some special glue or do they include something to adhere them to the insole?
It seems fairly straightforward to install them. The only question I have is what is the best glue for them. I’m heading to my local shoe repair place today, to acquire the proper glue, and then I’ll install them.

Skelnik

Reaction score
Please let me know what they recommend. I should receive the sock liners from them today and would like to order the correct adhesive.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems fairly straightforward to install them. The only question I have is what is the best glue for them. I’m heading to my local shoe repair place today, to acquire the proper glue, and then I’ll install them.
If there is no adhesive on the back, I use Fiebings Leather cement personally. Any type of leather glue/cement should be fine.

lfzhao5

Reaction score
Anyone else still waiting for the Field Boot MTO?

Feels like I'm the only one left and still no shipping info.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please let me know what they recommend. I should receive the sock liners from them today and would like to order the correct adhesive.
They were closed today, but will let you know when I catch them.
If there is no adhesive on the back, I use Fiebings Leather cement personally. Any type of leather glue/cement should be fine.
No adhesive on back, purchased some glue from Joann fabrics that was supposed to be leather glue, but it was bs. Don’t really want to order from Amazon if I don’t have to. It may be hard though, I’m trying to use the local brick & mortar cobbler, but they have bankers hours. I’ll give them one more chance and if unsuccessful will go to the internet.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else still waiting for the Field Boot MTO?

Feels like I'm the only one left and still no shipping info.
I’m still waiting on the unstructured field boot. I ordered green marbled shell, was told they didn’t have any more green marbled shell Cordovan, and were having difficulty getting more.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That sucks. Maybe they could offer you a discount and another option :smarmy:
Meh…I’m honestly not too concerned, I don’t get the impression the order won’t be filled. I know it goes against the sf entitlement culture :lookaround:, but I’ll either get the boots or get a refund, no biggie.

MrFingers

Reaction score
I usually buy both dress shoes and loafers in size 10D US, should I be okay buying UK 9 in the brown suede loafers RON last?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads