• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luddite Confession thread

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
It occurs to me that I'm not so much a "luddite" as I am "poor".

Don't you own like a bunch of expensive music equipment like keyboards and speakers and cables?

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
Don't you own like a bunch of expensive music equipment like keyboards and speakers and cables?
Most of which I've had for ten odd years. Actually, I owned some things like a Korg Z1 and Mono/Poly that- if I would have been able to afford to keep them at the time- I would be able to flip at a substantial profit today.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
• Pay-per-minute phone, never used a smartphone.
I have a pay-per-minute smartphone. Don't want an expensive two year contract, and they're not viable anyway.
• Only game console I've ever had was was Combat back in the 80s and the ColecoVision that was built into our family's Adam computer.
Only game console I've ever owned was a Binatone thing in about 1978, which could play 4 games, described as tennis, football, squash and solo. These appeared as a few blocks in black-and-white on the TV.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
i dont know what redit or digg is either. or skype. I used to use torrents i think....I used limewire to download songs all the time...wish i could find a way to do that again. I dont understand a lot of computer ****.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DerekS
i dont know what redit or digg is either. or skype.
Don't really know what they are either, well I've heard of them, but that's about it.
Originally Posted by DerekS
I used to use torrents i think....I used limewire to download songs all the time...wish i could find a way to do that again. I dont understand a lot of computer ****.
Yeh, I used Limewire as well. I think many of us did, either that or Kazaa or Grokster or Bearshare or whatever . I use torrents all the time for movies and TV programmes, but for MP3s I use google.cn/music (China only though).

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Can someone explain the point of Digg and Reddit? Is it to stay abreast of "wats hot" on "the webs"?
What are digg and reddit? Never used twitter either but I know its something to make short, boring quips about your stupid life. Only game console I ever had was a "Nintendo". I think I played civilization I. I have skype, fb, torrents and a smartphone though.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
What are digg and reddit? Never used twitter either but I know its something to make short, boring quips about your stupid life. Only game console I ever had was a "Nintendo". I think I played civilization I.

You retired at the top. Civ I is one of the best games ever made.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've browsed Reddit and Digg, but I still don't get this format where, if you see a headline and lead, you have to click on it… and then click on it… and then click on it to actually read the story. There have been times I've been unable to actually get to the story on websites that use this now-standard news agreggator format. The last time I seriously played games on my computer was when I beat the games that came preloaded on my indigo/snow-era iMac ("Nanosaur" and something else.) More recently, I got waaaay to sucked into flash animation games like Bubble Spinner and Gold Strike.
Originally Posted by Fuuma
I have skype, fb, torrents and a smartphone though.
omg let's be facebook friendsssssss! <3

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
its only yesterday that I got a newer generation phone. an iphone that I got using my reward points from my carrier.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
I've browsed Reddit and Digg, but I still don't get this format where, if you see a headline and lead, you have to click on it... and then click on it... and then click on it to actually read the story. There have been times I've been unable to actually get to the story on websites that use this now-standard news agreggator format.

The last time I seriously played games on my computer was when I beat the games that came preloaded on my indigo/snow-era iMac ("Nanosaur" and something else.) More recently, I got waaaay to sucked into flash animation games like Bubble Spinner and Gold Strike.

omg let's be facebook friendsssssss! <3

There was a game on comodore 64 called penis attack that I'm sure Conne is still playing.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
dismembering cats takes me almost 3 hours. 3 HOURS!!!!!!

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
wow.gif
This is my kinda thread! I generally have no idea what any of this stuff is either, except skype which is a Jetsons-like communicator, right? We paid for a lot of sh!t (wireless WiFi, laptops, etc.) that I don't use. Part of this setup is a Sonos(?)system which will supposedly change my life.
dozingoff.gif
My kids like to f#ck around w/ their computer (they're 7) watching U-tube & making videos w/ underwater or outerspace backgrounds. I think it's an apple - the power cord connects w/ a cool magnetic thing. I now have an iphone(4?) which I assume is a smartphone - I don't know where it is, though. The boyz like it for Angry Birds
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lol. Freakin' old people, man.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Things I don't understand:

-Why anyone cares about YouTube comments.

-Why that midget who makes silly movements while music is playing is popular. Also, why musicians are paying him money to make said movements while their music is on in the background.

Posted from a 6yr old laptop that I just opened out of the brand new packaging last week.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads