• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for inexpensive 16/37 slim fitting shirts

cmprsdchse

Reaction score
I'm starting a new job on Tuesday and it's business casual. I'm very much a streetwear/denim person and I own almost nothing that could be considered business casual. I went to Nordstrom and got measured at 16/37, but I didn't like the fit on anything I could find there. My budget at first is small, but I'll be making decent money within a month. I'd like to get away with spending less than $200 on 3 or 4 shirts before then though for this first week.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Edit: I tried H&M after reading some threads on here, but the sleeves are a touch short in slim L and I'm swimming in the the slim XL.

random-adam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was happy with one of these. Best-fitting shirt I own; took my previous best-fitting shirt, measured, and tweaked where I thought it needed tweaking. There's also this guy. I'll probably be visiting an exhibition of theirs next month and picking up their 4/$199 deal, if the fabrics look nice (that is, noticeably better than the LE stuff, to my untrained eye). edit: sorry, just saw how time-sensitive this is -- Brooks as above, and then visit a tailor to get 'em taken in.

dlugent

Reaction score
Nordstrom Hugo Boss slim fit might work for you, or like the previous poster said, Brooks Brother slim/extra slim(depending on your body type)

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Try before you buy, often the SA's will measure you to be .5" bigger than reality.

For reference one my friends is pretty well built, 42R wears a 15.5" shirt.

cmprsdchse

Reaction score
What stores carry the slim and extra-slim Brooks Brothers shirts? I'm in the Seattle area if that helps.

Edit: According to their website Brooks Brothers only carries up to 16/36. I'll have to find something else.

gladhands

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're starting out with a limited budget, try Lands End's tailored fit. Once you get paid, move up to BB. TM Lewin also offers a large selection in your size.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads