• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for cheaper alternatives to the more modern style western shirts that Brunello Cucinelli offers

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I have attached 4 images (2 of each) of these Brunello Cucinelli more modern western shirts that I have taken a liking too. Unfortunately they costs like €700 or something which is very steep for a shirt, no matter who made it and with what and where.

So I'm either looking for them at like half the price (which is unlikely I suppose) or more likely, some alternatives to these. I could potentially be interested in any color but mostly beige and blue-ish gray. I'm fine with any types of buttons but they need two pockets. Can be just a similar shirt or a custom shirts from a easy to use online store.

It preferably has to be within the EU because of taxes and import fees but if it's a sale on the actual ones or something very similar.

I don't really have a max budget but €700 is obviously too much for 1 shirt so at most half that price but preferably a bit less.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20337011r_2.jpg
    20337011r_2.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 24
  • 20337011r_3.jpg
    20337011r_3.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 45345343.jpg
    45345343.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 200
  • 53453453.jpg
    53453453.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 199
Reaction score
Low budget alternatives are of course just as welcome. Could be nice daily beaters too that you don't need to care for that much. I have no preference on the price point.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Try Proper Cloth. They are an online made-to-measure shirtmaker and offer Western as among their styles. You can choose any fabric and have it made into a Western shirt. Occasionally, they open group runs for washed denim shirts. If you're not looking for washed denim, you can order fabrics such as flannel any time and get a shirt that looks like your photos.

Reaction score
Try Proper Cloth. They are an online made-to-measure shirtmaker and offer Western as among their styles. You can choose any fabric and have it made into a Western shirt. Occasionally, they open group runs for washed denim shirts. If you're not looking for washed denim, you can order fabrics such as flannel any time and get a shirt that looks like your photos.

Cheers and yes, I have had shirts from them before. I just didn't feel I could put together a shirt I liked in this case to warrant import fees from the US.

maxalex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheers and yes, I have had shirts from them before. I just didn't feel I could put together a shirt I liked in this case to warrant import fees from the US.
Proper Cloth prices in the EU already include VAT, you won’t get snagged for Asian import duty. I have them delivered to Rome frequently. Fast and easy.

suitedcboy

Reaction score
The style trends for western wear has included almost none of that cut shirt for two decades. BDC in oxford cloth and thinner cloths has been the norm for the most part. Heavy cloth cold weather wear shirts would be more likely to have the cut lines known for cowboy shirts but I would say most of those have pocket and yoke details of regular cut shirts.
Cinch, Panhandle, Ariat, Wrangler, and Ely are brands you'll find at good price points. Shepler's, Cavender's, BootBarn, and NRS (NRSworld.com) are some sellers that often have sales and competitive prices. You will find the scalloped yokes and pockets and pearl snaps in their selections.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics