1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendors We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendors, Shibumi Firenze bringing us classic accessories and bespoke tailoring from Florence, and owned long time member "Braddock", and Jonathan Abel who bring us their Goodyear welted shoes made in Portugal.

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by wurger, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Evergreen88

Evergreen88 Member

Good shout, the Anglesey at 125£ are a steal!

Shame I got them one month ago..

2. Alucard291

Alucard291 New Member

None left in my size sadly. Oh well maybe next time...

3. RKILLY67

RKILLY67 Member

My loake Anglesey from the Debenhams sale arrived today, gotta say i'm impressed with the colour, can look dark brown in some lights and plum in others. A lovely boot and excellent value at £125. Only thing is they aren't for me, a present for the bro as I have already a few pebble grain brown boots myself, though if there was any left in my size now I would def be tempted having seen them in the flesh. DSC_0495.JPG

4. TheForeigner

TheForeigner Senior Member

I need a pair of Anglesey!

5. Northwiking

Northwiking New Member

I got Loake Lincolns in UK9. They are quite tight. I also got the Chester in 1880 line. These are also in UK9 and fits well.

If I buy loafers like Herring Barcelona II or Loake Eton, should I go for UK9.5? Because loafers are a tighter fit in general?

6. ShooIn

ShooIn Senior Member

I wouldn't advise sizing up for the loafers, some may consider a half size down. If those are the particular models you are interested in, you could reach out to Herring for specific sizing advice.

7. Blake Stitched Blues

Blake Stitched Blues Senior Member

The Loake 'Loafer' last is known to be a little bit narrow and tricky to fit. From @pediwear Loake last guide here:

THE LOAFER LAST – Is similar to the 025 in shape but we find there to be a little more space. Long and slightly narrow, you may find the last to be quite snug but bear in mind that loafer style footwear does stretch a little. Like the Mayfair last this one is a little tricky and we feel it is border-line as to whether an increase in size would be needed. Our philosophy though is when in doubt go bigger.

8. JUAN MANUEL

JUAN MANUEL Senior Member

Hello there, maybe someone can help me, I am looking for a pair of Loake Perth in 10.5UK in black calf, but it seams it is discontinued, I will appreciate any help finding this shoe.

9. smc558

smc558 Active Member

Hi guys, just thought I'd pop in and let you know that Shoehealer is no longer dealing with Loake and all Loake stock is on sale just now, there are some good deals to be had. I was going to get the Anglesey but unfortunately the last pair in my size has been sold. Hope somebody finds a bargain.

10. cranster63

cranster63 New Member

Seems Loake are making changes. I tried to buy Chesters in burgundy, no luck the colour is discontinued, what a shame. Then I chose Aldwych in brown dainite and same story, so I settled for the Aldwych mahogany, but I am not in love with this colour at all.