• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loafers vs Desert boots

iamitp

Reaction score
Hello!
I have been looking for shoe to team up with my casual shirts and dark jeans. Loafers and Desert boots seem to be th go-to shoes for such occasions, but I can only buy one shoe at this time. Looking forward for comments from SF members on this. Also, how do they match upto brrogues, especially in suede or denim?

Amit

Nopike343

Reaction score
I have a pair of desert boots and I always feel that they make my feet look really wide compared to most other shoes/boots. Desert boots are fine for just hanging out but that is about it. If you are only getting one shoe at this time I would get something more versatile. Loafers are probably a better choice. Longwings look good with denim.

A captoe blucher such as these in brown can look great with dark denim.
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCat...LACK&sort_by=&sectioncolor=&sectionsize=#null

Personally I believe tan or lighter color shoes look much better with dark denim than black or dark brown. What one pair of shoes you should get depends a lot on your budget and lifestyle.

Last edited:

Fortysomething

Reaction score
oh boy, good queestion...I think dunelly is right, but of the two, I have always had a soft spot for the loafers.

DrunkenMist

Reaction score
The Sebago Hamilton boot might go with the casual attire. I cannot speak on quality wise though because I have never bought anything from that company.

If I were you I would go with the desert boot rather than loafers. I own 2 pairs couldn't be happier with them. :)

Last edited:

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Desert/Chukka Boot is the choice, especially this time of year.

iamitp

Reaction score
Woah! Looks like "Loafers vs Desert Boots" has the making of a fine debate!
Thanks for the inputs guys!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads