• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
here is me wearing that FCL at self edge, spot on fit, and if you notice right below the shoulder there is a small creasing, i am excited for all the cool folds and etc
ULHT0Xg.jpg

KP5MUOY.jpg

Side note, i added a few more christian bale images this time cuz it looked damn funny
Man it’s raining like crazy today. Hope you asked to see how the leather “performs” when wet.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
creasing underneath right armhole might be from a dropped right shoulder. if you raised your right shoulder, i assume you'd see the effect go away. but you know ... these are leather jackets and not tailoring. imo best to just let it be.

kekekekai

Reaction score
We also don't make women wear face masks when trying on shirts.. cause America.

No, because its implied plus most women (I think) would have the common courtesy to be careful and as a store owner, you have an expectation for customers to have a certain standard when entering your store. Hey man its your store you do whatever you want but I'm sure you're well aware a large part of FCL's brand story is "The perfect leather jacket that ages to the owner's story and lifestyle". You let everyone go in and draw a bit of that story away from the eventual owner, you defeat the brand story.

Maybe I'm just the minority but to any loyal long term FCL customers, you've effectively taken away the passion behind the story. Which at the end of the day,... after having it tossed around, is just another leather jacket. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@dieworkwear hey don't get me wrong, if you own it... beat it up, do whatever you want with it. If you don't own it, don't destroy the experience for the potential owner. Thats all

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Maybe I'm just the minority but to any loyal long term FCL customers, you've effectively taken away the passion behind the story. Which at the end of the day,... after having it tossed around, is just another leather jacket. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

All I want this week is a video of you putting on a jacket without in any way bending the arms.

I kind of imagine the pose is like this: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

kekekekai

Reaction score
All I want this week is a video of you putting on a jacket without in any way bending the arms.

I kind of imagine the pose is like this: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thats what the shop staff is for. My personal experience from Mccoys Shibuya, Marijuan, Blacksign, Trophy, I can go on and on and on... They all help me put it on from the back with and zip up the jacket for me. Guess asking others to be respectful of other people's stuff these days is quite a lot to ask.

oh my stars and garters, not the BRAND STORY!

Try being a small designer without a brand story.. see how far you go.

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thats what the shop staff is for. My personal experience from Mccoys Shibuya, Marijuan, Blacksign, Trophy, I can go on and on and on... They all help me put it on from the back with and zip up the jacket for me. Guess asking others to be respectful of other people's stuff these days are quite a lot to ask.

i think the safest thing here is to put on the right side of the jacket only. then take a fit pic. then put on the left side and take a fit pic. now merge the two sides in photoshop to see how the jacket would look.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think the safest thing here is to put on the right side of the jacket only. then take a fit pic. then put on the left side and take a fit pic. now merge the two sides in photoshop to see how the jacket would look.

no you just get one of those amusement park cutouts and stick your face through a hole

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads