• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is great.
For that style, Valstar is one of the GOATs.

Flight Jacket in suede, shearling.

Their take on the naval Deck jacket.

I’m biased as I own both of these.

schraiber

Reaction score
Been wanting this Vanson x Butterscotch C2RN for a while now, tried it on in person and want it even more. My sense is that the fit is basically spot on. But just can't fit it in the budget. Oh well. I'll just post it here for posterity
IMG20231223181809.jpg

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Think I found my next jacket. Found this on the Japanese auction sites. Not normally a brand I know anything about but style-wise it's exactly what I like. Minimalist DR in my size. Muted hardware.

Screen Shot 2023-12-31 at 3.08.21 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-12-31 at 3.08.35 AM.png

SocialSculptures

Reaction score
I'm unloading a bunch of awesome leather pieces and thought I'd share here. Classified listings linked for each with detailed measurements, descriptions, and photos. Happy to answer any questions as well - open to reasonable offers!

Addict Clothes AD-02L Horsehide - size 36 - fits like S - $1400

AD02L.png

Schott Japan-Market 641xx Cafe Racer - size 34 - fits like 36/S - $550

Schott 641xx Edits-1.jpg

Valstarino - size 46 - fits like S - $625
https://www.styleforum.net/buyandse...ede-jacket-blouson-small-s-eu-46-us-36.36535/

Valstar.jpeg

James Grose Shearling Double Rider - size 40 - fits like 38 - $775
https://www.styleforum.net/buyandse...ider-black-suede-leather-40-fits-38-36.36905/

James Grose.jpeg

3sixteen x Schott A-2 in teacore chromexcel horsehide - size XS - fits like S - $1,075
https://www.styleforum.net/buyandse...-horsehide-leather-flight-jacket-xs-36.37091/

Schott A2.jpeg

JChance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what’s your opinion on Mister Freedom’s Ringo? Cossack + type I mix

Attachments

• IMG_4932.jpeg
    IMG_4932.jpeg
    160.9 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_4933.jpeg
    IMG_4933.jpeg
    263.7 KB · Views: 333

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Excellent.

I've admired deer ever since seeing it used in a Real McCoys. I bet deer must be comfortable from day one.

Deerskin is very supple, therefore much used in the production of fine gloves. There are also shoes, which, whilst not the sturdiest, are very comfortable.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

LeeR

Reaction score
I’ve always enjoyed this style of jacket. Would you say that the collar is more meant to be worn folded down, or up?
I know this is an ambiguous answer. However, because of it's size, I think it works great either way. With the roll neck, I preferred it down. With a henley or t-shirt I could see it up.

LeeR

Reaction score
Deerskin is very supple, therefore much used in the production of fine gloves. There are also shoes, which, whilst not the sturdiest, are very comfortable.
What makes this deerskin great is the thickness. It's not a shirt type thickness but a jacket thickness which makes it drape and wear very comfortably. Fine Creek has done an outstanding job on this jacket. And the climate here makes my Langlitz Columbia too heavy and warm for much of the year. I swear it weighs 20 pounds.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know this is an ambiguous answer. However, because of it's size, I think it works great either way. With the roll neck, I preferred it down. With a henley or t-shirt I could see it up.

In fact the collar is the only feature I don't like on that jacket. Would prefer a much larger one, as those in vogue in the 70s.

rion

Reaction score
For that style, Valstar is one of the GOATs.

Flight Jacket in suede, shearling.

Their take on the naval Deck jacket.

I’m biased as I own both of these.

Where'd you get these? I've been eyeing these exact jackets for a while, but I haven't been able to find them in the US.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads