• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
snakeskin stooges and that pearl one kunk linked(bought? lol) is the only nice ones to me.

Trit

Reaction score

That's fuckin sweet. I might actually order that just to be able to try it on.
Edit - **** that. Their shipping goes by price and its $50 for the jacket. They're out of their minds.

$80 to Canada. I sent them an email asking if they had any realistic shipping options. I want that jacket but I can't justify that kind of sloppy upcharge. Won't be wearable 'til the spring anyway. I'll post if there's an update.

Last edited:

Trit

Reaction score
Update on that: they believe $80 is a fair shipping price and won't go lower. Of course it's their right to lose all the business they want.

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Cross post YSL perfecto jacket lol

4621160b_IMG_0003.jpeg

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Update on that: they believe $80 is a fair shipping price and won't go lower. Of course it's their right to lose all the business they want.

Don't feel so bad. I called and they wouldn't budge here in the states either. **** them.

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don´t own a toj but I´m still a fan of drew´s work. His jackets seem amazing, but the thing is, what if you don´t want a toj even thought it´s cheaper and lots of people tell you they are the best? What if you just want a Rick owens leather jacket, or a burberry prorsum, or a gucci or a YSL or whatever? If i had 9000 dollars to spare, I would be the proud owner of the warrior biker jacket from prorsum.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I don´t own a toj but I´m still a fan of drew´s work. His jackets seem amazing, but the thing is, what if you don´t want a toj even thought it´s cheaper and lots of people tell you they are the best? What if you just want a Rick owens leather jacket, or a burberry prorsum, or a gucci or a YSL or whatever? If i had 9000 dollars to spare, I would be the proud owner of the warrior biker jacket from prorsum.

nothing wrong with that. I own leather jackets from many other companies that are not TOJ myself, because I am a fan of something, it's very simple. It's just clothes, not a religion. I do think a lot of the justifications for getting behind something in this thread are kind of dumb, the quality discussions, obviously. It gets to the point of being like 'this Mexican food is better than this French food' - time and place for everything.

edit: but I do think the TOJ minimalist DR is nicer than that YSL myself, serious, honest opinion. haha. there's a few reasons why, and it's not apples to oranges so much, since the jackets are quite similar at this point...

Last edited:

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That YSL is quite simple in design but looks really beautiful. What I like about yours, besides the different designs and quality (at least from all the pics I´ve seen) is the fit. When people get it right, like almost 100% right, they look amazing. And obviously, a leather jacket as cool as the ones you offer under 1k is a great deal. I have 2 I had custom made (I think I posted both in this thread, one brown and the other black) that were like 170 and 250 dollars respectively. The fit is pretty good on both and I look pretty damn cool riding my bike on them
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score

I don´t own a toj but I´m still a fan of drew´s work. His jackets seem amazing, but the thing is, what if you don´t want a toj even thought it´s cheaper and lots of people tell you they are the best? What if you just want a Rick owens leather jacket, or a burberry prorsum, or a gucci or a YSL or whatever?

Well then that's fine? But this is a forum for sharing opinions I think. I brought it up because the minimalist TOJ looks better (to me), is likely better quality, and more affordable. If you want to buy it for the brand or because you think it looks better, that's your prerogative. Personally I find the lapel shape on the YSL not great.

Stillmaticbeat

Reaction score
hey guys first leather jacket ever schott 644

can you guys critique the fit. i think it's on point but not sure

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads