• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

qubed

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, it’s sheep’s wool. Never heard of Jason and the Golden Fleece ?

Yeah, sheep's wool is called fleece, but it's not a fabric. The fabric called fleece (meant to imitate the look of sheep's fleece) is synthetic/plastic. Shearling would be all natural and contain the sheep's fleece, but no one would call that a fleece.

qubed

Supporting Member
Reaction score

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

qubed

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are a number of makers who actually make wool fleece jackets, including American Trench and Real McCoys.

Interesting; though they're clearly modeled after the original plastic ones. Even American Trench says:

Okay – we'll be honest – it's not 100% wool. That would be impossible. Impractical. Not a good move. The front, the fuzzy bit, is pure 62-grade merino wool. But the backing - that’s polyester. And it should be – actually, needs to be. Otherwise, as Yates and Achebe say, “things fall apart.”

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting; though they're clearly modeled after the original plastic ones. Even American Trench says:

Real McCoys uses a cotton lining.

I think Patagonia actually has a wool fleece for the Japanese market. Americans like petroleum, synthetics, and destroying the planet more than almost everyone, so why sell it here.

suedefetish

Reaction score
1000016462.jpg

qubed

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Real McCoys uses a cotton lining.

I think Patagonia actually has a wool fleece for the Japanese market. Americans like petroleum, synthetics, and destroying the planet more than almost everyone, so why sell it here.

Yeah, just Americans 🙄

I'd bet $100 those wool fleece's sold in Japan get wrapped in 3 layers of plastic.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Really wonder how that leather feels. I've handled multiple Blackmeans leathers over the years and they were all very different. I still have one that's made of incredibly thick cow and another one they did for Mr Porter in sheep that feels like wearing the worlds thinnest rock. You really don't know what you're gonna get with them until you actually feel it but it's all great stuff.

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So remember that leather DR that Ryan Gosling wore a few years back and was all the rage ever after? People would come on here and ask about it every few months? This one?

1294d97f0777fd05fbdd7ee4f96e77bd.jpg
download.jpg

Well, here you go. Someone listed one on Grailed and Ebay for a great price and no one's biting because the seller thinks it's a woman's jacket and listed it as so. Plus, his measurements are way off. I messaged him to remeasure.

What he said:

Hi, this is womens XL. I just measured this for you again, measurements taken laid flat spread out Shoulder to shoulder: 46cm Pit to pit: 56cm (need to double for circumference) Waist: 56cm (need to double for circumference) Hips: 55cm (need to double for circumference) Length 69cm Sleeve length 65.5cm​

Screen Shot 2023-12-06 at 12.06.50 AM.png

Anyway, good luck whoever nabs it. You never see these available much less under, say, $800.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ziyachater