• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Christian Kimber suede chore coat.

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are there any companies (NYC preferred) that could replace the single zip on a Schott 641-HH with a double zipper?

Mulan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are there any companies (NYC preferred) that could replace the single zip on a Schott 641-HH with a double zipper?

Botani Trim. I've purchased two way Super Lampo zippers from their store twice for my custom johnson leather jackets. You can sit and wait as they get it to your preferred length or do the order online. As for sewing it on, you can head to modern leathers which is also close by. Whether Modern Leathers has two way zippers in stock is something you'll have to ask them on your own.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Superior Leather should be able to do it

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Christian Kimber suede chore coat.

View attachment 1300137

View attachment 1300138

Is the guy dancing in the second pic? Or just crip walking? OG.

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Superior Leather should be able to do it

Do you know of a solid place in the city to get a wool overcoat relined?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Do you know of a solid place in the city to get a wool overcoat relined?

There's an NYC tailors thread.

I know @gdl203 recommends Sam Wazin.

wj94

Reaction score
I lucked into this amazing Salvatore Ferragamo shearling jacket this weekend at an incredibly good price (~75% off at their outlet store). I wasn't even planning on buying anything, but tried this one on and it fit me perfectly, which never happens because most off-the-rack jackets don't fit my shoulders. Figured I'd regret it if I passed it up, so I bought it. The pictures don't even do it justice, the quality of the suede, the cut of the jacket, the sturdy reinforced buttons, everything is just perfection. Very expensive, but at the price I paid I think it's a great value too. Pics:

rlqycm9.jpg

mkSKhAA.jpg

8b19Y3Z.jpg

ZXIh0mN.jpg

jJVBkOd.jpg

WQNLeag.jpg

3xJS9zg.jpg

gV3de0J.jpg

Jv7k2Ek.jpg

CaeFpAe.jpg

M5tH74e.jpg

GVetrmc.jpg

MXQXiif.jpg

PME Legend

Reaction score
I lucked into this amazing Salvatore Ferragamo shearling jacket this weekend at an incredibly good price (~75% off at their outlet store). I wasn't even planning on buying anything, but tried this one on and it fit me perfectly, which never happens because most off-the-rack jackets don't fit my shoulders. Figured I'd regret it if I passed it up, so I bought it. The pictures don't even do it justice, the quality of the suede, the cut of the jacket, the sturdy reinforced buttons, everything is just perfection. Very expensive, but at the price I paid I think it's a great value too. Pics:

rlqycm9.jpg

mkSKhAA.jpg

8b19Y3Z.jpg

ZXIh0mN.jpg

jJVBkOd.jpg

WQNLeag.jpg

3xJS9zg.jpg

gV3de0J.jpg

Jv7k2Ek.jpg

CaeFpAe.jpg

M5tH74e.jpg

GVetrmc.jpg

MXQXiif.jpg
Looks good on you sir

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
reversible sheepskins from a coming nigel cabourn x closed official collab. part of a forthcoming 40 piece mens/ womens collection

View attachment 1297909

View attachment 1297906

View attachment 1297908

View attachment 1297907
That is hideous.
I'm at least interested in seeing. I've never been super impressed by Closed. They are a middle of the pack Italian casualwear/sportswear brand that made a big push for the US market in... I want to say 2012 or so, and were in all the periodicals, had a big section at many Barneys (RIP), etc... It always seemed to me to be American casual clothing staples (military jackets, chinos, etc...) stripped of their soul. On the other hand, Nigel Cabourn has always had a very specific vision based on English militaria and sportswear with a strong focus on fabrics, one of what I thought was the main weaknesses of Closed. So I'm be interested in how this collaboration plays out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads