• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hedges

Reaction score
Came across this brand called "Werner Christ" and totally digging there winter leather jackets / coats available! Any feedback ? Looks pretty warm and stylish!

0.png

detail_image.jpg

walds11

Reaction score
I’m in the market for a leather jacket, specifically a cafe racer. RRL is one of my go to brands. They make nice leather jackets, but I don’t want to drop that kind of coin on one. I stumbled upon Schott. They seem very well made (in the USA!) and reasonably priced.

Can you guys help me with sizing? I’m 6’00”, 165 lbs, ~40” chest. I tried this Vintaged Cowhide Café Racer Leather Jacket (654VN) on at a local retailer:

https://www.schottnyc.com/products/vintaged-cowhide-cafe-racer-leather.htm?catID=5

They only had large size though. I felt that it was quite roomy in the shoulders, chest and stomach area (Long sleeve tee and short sleeve tee layered underneath. I wouldn’t layer too heavy under the leather jacket). See pic of me trying on the brown one. Please don’t pay attention to the casual work out gear that I’m wearing, LOL! They did have this Vintaged Cowhide Café Racer Leather Jacket (626VN) in medium:

https://www.schottnyc.com/products/cowhide-leather-motorcycle-jacket.htm?color=1&catID=5

It fit comfortably slim and snug. Is the cafe racer jacket size medium going to have a similar fit as the motorcycle jacket in size medium? You think I’d be safe with the cafe racer jacket in size medium? I prefer slim fitting jackets and clothing. Thanks!

F98E6968-E18F-48ED-9369-C8ADDCBE098A.jpeg

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
just got a schott 3b, happy with it

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m in the market for a leather jacket, specifically a cafe racer. RRL is one of my go to brands. They make nice leather jackets, but I don’t want to drop that kind of coin on one. I stumbled upon Schott. They seem very well made (in the USA!) and reasonably priced.

Can you guys help me with sizing? I’m 6’00”, 165 lbs, ~40” chest. I tried this Vintaged Cowhide Café Racer Leather Jacket (654VN) on at a local retailer:

https://www.schottnyc.com/products/vintaged-cowhide-cafe-racer-leather.htm?catID=5

They only had large size though. I felt that it was quite roomy in the shoulders, chest and stomach area (Long sleeve tee and short sleeve tee layered underneath. I wouldn’t layer too heavy under the leather jacket). See pic of me trying on the brown one. Please don’t pay attention to the casual work out gear that I’m wearing, LOL! They did have this Vintaged Cowhide Café Racer Leather Jacket (626VN) in medium:

https://www.schottnyc.com/products/cowhide-leather-motorcycle-jacket.htm?color=1&catID=5

It fit comfortably slim and snug. Is the cafe racer jacket size medium going to have a similar fit as the motorcycle jacket in size medium? You think I’d be safe with the cafe racer jacket in size medium? I prefer slim fitting jackets and clothing. Thanks!

View attachment 1074896

I actually feel the jacket fits you alright. I like that sleeve length for you...its good.

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

I am asking your opinions on a jacket. This is a jacket from Aero called the "Modified Board Racer"

715be857f09405f_Front500.jpg

I do not have the time to place another MTO with them so I am going with one of their stock makeups.

Cheers!

Last edited:

walds11

Reaction score
I actually feel the jacket fits you alright. I like that sleeve length for you...its good.

Other than the sleeve length, it’s too roomy all around. These jackets are meant to be fitted.

Gentlemen,

I am asking your opinions on a jacket. This is a jacket from Aero called the "Board Racer"

I do not have the time to place another MTO with them so I am going with one of their stock makeups.

Cheers!

I changed gears from the Schott jackets and have my eye on a MTO Aero. Fargin kick butt jacket!

walds11

Reaction score

Other than the sleeve length, it’s too roomy all around. These jackets are meant to be fitted.

Gentlemen,

I am asking your opinions on a jacket. This is a jacket from Aero called the "Board Racer"

Cheers!

I changed gears from the Schott jackets and have my eye on a MTO Aero Seven. Fargin kick butt jacket and exactly what I’m looking for!

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

Cheers!

board racer usually doesnt have a collar i believe

walds11

Reaction score
@walds11 yes I agree that a cafe racer could be more fitted than that Schott.

Board Racer does not have a collar. That looks like what Thurstob Bros. calls the Sheene (https://www.thurston-bros.com/products/in-stock-aero-sheene)

Which is basically a board racer with a collar. :)

Great jacket with or without collar. Good choice.

I definitely want something with a collar. The Thurston Brothers Aero Seven fits bill for me as I’m looking for a fitted casual lifestyle leather jacket, with some biker characteristics. It’s sort of a combo of two Schott jackets I’m interested in. Definitely in a higher price range, but highly customizable (~$300-400 more than the Schotts with up-charges). Here is an example of a really sweet one:

https://www.thurston-bros.com/products/aero-seven-size-44-dark-seal-vicenza-horsehide

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That’s a nice one. Lot of good leather choices from Aero. I know you said you weren’t interested in MTO, but you may be giving up some nice options and the chance to dial in the fit (working with Thurstob Bros anyway).

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

I apologize for my oversight in the OP. Aero is calling this jacket a "Modified Board Racer".

Which is, in fact, a Board Racer with collar. My OP has been corrected.

In other news, I also would like your opinions on this piece:

upload_2018-11-21_15-36-33.jpeg

It's a Schott and is basically a leather Navy Pea Coat in Dark Brown.

What say you? Yay or Nay? @FrankCowperwood @sinnedk

Cheers!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads