• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Launching new clothing line -- comments/thoughts requested

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm helping a friend of mine launch a new clothing line and brand. He does his manufacturing, dying, and washing in a factory in LA. He's traditionally worked as a supplier to other well known brands, but now he's launching his own.

As a longtime SF member, I'm very interested in getting the board's feedback on the shirts and the brand -- but not the web site (www.republicfc.com).
laugh.gif

Shirts are ridiculously soft and comfortable. Washes are pretty cool too.

mpxpor0bur00.jpg

republicfc1small.jpg

logowz.png

crestredbackground.png

RepublicFC

The brand is launching with a variety of polos and tees, for men, women, and kids. He plans to add denim in short order. The web site is pretty basic right now, and needs a lot of visual improvement, which is in the works, but as you can see he can basically do just about any color shirt you can imagine, with cool washes. Plus he's got a line of country-themed shirts as well.

Please let me know your thoughts.

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It depends on how the shirts fit. Posting acutal measurements of the garments would help. Also, they seem to be available in only three sizes, which the fit-crazy folks of SF will likely frown upon.

wahwho11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
post more pics of the model, and measurements. Don't use that icon with the big word "republic", reminds me of rock and republic.

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
Yeah definitely change it to "Republican". We know that's what you really mean anyway.

laugh.gif

Believe it or not, I didn't come up with the name.... Just rolling with it.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wahwho11
post more pics of the model, and measurements. Don't use that icon with the big word "republic", reminds me of rock and republic.

yes, more of the model.

Mountains

Reaction score
Not sure about the foil logos. I like the design of the logo, but the application leaves something to be desired.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like your friend acid washed some american apparel shirts and stuck on soccer graphics a logo with gaudy spikes and grammatically incorrect Latin. Your motto means "the whole university" (which doesn't make any sense), and should read Totas Universitas or Totus Universitus, not Totus Universitas.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
schooled by the child prodigy

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
American Apparel meets Von Dutch. Would not wear with that fugly logo on there. The name Republic is total fail (along with Rock & Republic, it reminds me of any number of ****** nightclubs in the very early part of the decade that played terrible Eurotrance).

Would hit model. Would consider buying polos if quality was good and price reasonable.

Seems like your friend is trying to appeal to two markets.

nohomo

Reaction score
I don't understand shirts with country names on them. They remind me of the RL polo shirts with the big pony and country flags on the back, which all look ridiculous, especially when some white guy is wearing one with a Japanese flag.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads