• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kurt Cobain, Style God

AldenPyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GQ recently called Kurt Cobain one of the 50 most stylish men of the last 50 years.
As a youth, I was into the grunge look. Is "Streetwear" a descendent of grunge? Do people still think Cobain looked cool? Do people still listen to Nirvana or is it all just old potatoes.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this thread needs pics!
I belive Cobain and "grunge" have been very influential fashionwise, but dont really think its the root of streetwear in any sense.

green

Reaction score
kbn.jpg
Stylish? I don't think so...

Mr Sola

Reaction score
Originally Posted by green
Stylish? I don't think so...

He was dressed better than most of the other bands at the time......

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
he wore cardigans religiously thats what i remember...

TylerDurden

Reaction score
I still listen to Nirvana and im 22, does that make me an old potato? I think any one who grew up in the 90's has Nirvana in there top ten.

As for his style, I think it was better than the current style of the time, most bands still had the '80's hair and spandex thing going on (1989). If you look at some of his live shows and what he wore, its still would be pretty cool if he was rocking it today. Definetly a style Icon, even if it was short lived.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Not really, since he was responsible for putting seattle into a style ****-hole for oh 20 years.

TylerDurden

Reaction score
Even if you didn't like his style of clothing you still have to admit he did have a big influence for a few years that affected how a people dressed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads