• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

John Lobb "Sutton" question

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
anyone own a pair of the Sutton oxford (with star medallion)?

if so, do they run fairly true to size (I am a 41EU)?

does the Lobb boutique in NYC ever have sales on it or should I expect to pay $1380 regardless of time of year?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
woah woah, they have the Suttons at Neimans???? which one? can't be FI, their shoe selection is weak...I have seen Lobb at Wilshire tho....

I'm actually thinking about getting a pair of these....love the way they look

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got mine at the JL store during its semi-annual sale. It's on 8000 last which I find about about 3/4 size larger than American size but many down 1 full size.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
johnlobbcollection002ju5.jpg

johnlobbcollection007oa9.jpg

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
zjp, is that the chestnut or plum museum? the pics I've seen of the plum is hard to tell if it's much different from the chestnut, tho I would guess the plum has a purplish tint to it?

and Brian mentioned red museum...is this a color option, as I didnt see it on their website?

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see you are moving into the light (MC).
smile.gif

Lobbs in my experience run really large. I wear a size US9.5D. The pair of Suttons I tried on in UK8.5E were loose in the forefoot and had heel slippage. Size UK8E in the 8000 last gave me the snug fit I prefer.

hopkins_student

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
Lobbs in my experience run really large.
+1

I'm, at smallest, a US 10D in most shoes. I had to go with a UK 8.5E in my Chapels, and I imagine on the 7000 last I'm going to have to go down to 8E.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
those are big sizing discrepancies.....so it sounds like a 6 or 6.5 would be the neighborhood to look in my size (US 8, 41eu)

VonRoth....do you know when the Lobb boutique typically has their sales?

hopkins_student

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody know if the models that came out with the Vale/Chapel/Luffield round of releases will be on sale in June, or will that not happen until December?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads