• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine didn’t. I was kinda bummed tbh i use to be a huge denim head and I remember getting my first pair of cast 2s and instantly noticed the layering and thought it was a nice touch that made the brand stand out as far as denim goes. The nimbus pocket watch is layered on mine but the waist and back pockets are not
Man that’s pretty crazy that we’ve gotten to the point where restocks don’t have the layered pockets

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like them a lot more than I thought I would. Great alternative to the Cast 2 / D02 aesthetic. Can’t believe they sat and went to half off, they are solid.

They remind me of the APC New Standards that people went crazy for 10-15 years ago in terms of fit (straight fit with a slight taper), minimal detailing, and of course that they are raw. The 15 oz material is thick af, I had 17.5 oz raw 3sixteens that were too thick, these are a good replacement.

I went with my TTS cast 2 size. They were tight but waist has stretched to a perfect fit after wearing for two days.

I’m gonna need a good washed pair in the Daze fit , lighter than Cove.

That’s good to hear. I have and really enjoy all 3 (JE Cast 2, SLP D02 and APC NS lol). Looking forward to these and bozeman shorts.

JBad28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine didn’t. I was kinda bummed tbh i use to be a huge denim head and I remember getting my first pair of cast 2s and instantly noticed the layering and thought it was a nice touch that made the brand stand out as far as denim goes. The nimbus pocket watch is layered on mine but the waist and back pockets are not

Dang that sucks, newest Plumas release didn’t have layered details either. I thought Nimbus would because it was an older run. Guess not... I loved the layered details and we had a big discussion about it in here

Like them a lot more than I thought I would. Great alternative to the Cast 2 / D02 aesthetic. Can’t believe they sat and went to half off, they are solid.

They remind me of the APC New Standards that people went crazy for 10-15 years ago in terms of fit (straight fit with a slight taper), minimal detailing, and of course that they are raw. The 15 oz material is thick af, I had 17.5 oz raw 3sixteens that were too thick, these are a good replacement.

I went with my TTS cast 2 size. They were tight but waist has stretched to a perfect fit after wearing for two days.

I’m gonna need a good washed pair in the Daze fit , lighter than Cove.

LOVE my Cast 2 Indigo Raws, I actually think it’s my favorite Cast 2. The weight and cut is perfect imo

I thought so! I personally sized up on mine. I called the john elliot Mel rose shop and spoke to an associate and the dude tried on TTS and a size up and gave me the run down on how both fit so I ended up going +1 opting for more room from the knee down instead.
Did you size up on your JE size or your TTS?

I went TTS with my washed graphite’s but as many people have said here, they definitely fit tighter and if you want the same fit as your other Cast 2’s you should size up one.

funkyprez

Reaction score
Given the option, i would take a classic Desert Boot over the Chelsea Sneaker. I think Desert Boots are a great compromise for something dressier than a sneaker but not too formal.

If you will be wearing JE fits with these shoes for work, I would stay away from desert boots - they are more for basic J crew fits. If you want a flat sole Go with Wallabees instead, they have more streetwear cred and have been part of the culture a long time.

JBad28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you will be wearing JE fits with these shoes for work, I would stay away from desert boots - they are more for basic J crew fits. If you want a flat sole Go with Wallabees instead, they have more streetwear cred and have been part of the culture a long time.

Lol what?? I’ve worn Cast 2’s and other JE Pieces to include oversized tee’s like the AE with Desert Boots and have gotten tons of compliments. I personally won’t be caught in Wallabees, I think they’re ugly.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wallabees are the ******* worst, I don’t care what Instagram thinks

Rjb5183

Reaction score

I chose things based on what I think looks best, not to appease the streetwear cred committee. Too old for that. And as a lifelong Wu Tang fan, I will never understand the appeal of Wallabees. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

malcolmbw

Reaction score
Cargos came in, really glad I held out for these. The normal cargos look a little saggy to me, I like that these hold their shape. They also look good loose over boots (imo).

Crazy how they fit the same in M as my XL LA sweats though.

Attachments

• 20191209_185144.jpg
    20191209_185144.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 74
  • 20191209_185010.jpg
    20191209_185010.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 79
  • 20191209_185046.jpg
    20191209_185046.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 89
  • 20191209_184937.jpg
    20191209_184937.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 102

Edeezus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Size up. I wear a 31 went with a 32 on washed graphites
Sorry I meant to say that since I personally size down on most JE denim, I’m wondering if I should size up from that or size up to my actual size. Unless you take your actual size with JE denim :)

glennphall

Reaction score
LA Sweatpants are fire! Only thing missing is a LA sweatshirt. Assuming it would be very similar to the Replica Crewneck. But yes, there definitely needs to be a sweatshirt to go along with the LA sweatpants. I think it'll be a perfect counterpart. And the sweatpants should be a part of the mainline, judging on how good they are haha.

tommo

Reaction score
I think you have a misunderstanding of crepe soles and Goodyear welts. I doubt you’ll find a crepe sole with a Goodyear welt. And I highly doubt any of those all saint shoes are Goodyear welted, they are likely cemented with a stitch for fashion.

oh yeah I know you won’t get crepes on a Goodyear sole, and one million percentthe all saints ones aren’t.

My point is you pay a fortune for CP Chelsea’s and they aren’t even good year welted when you can get proper hand made shoes in finer materials for the same if not less from Crockett and Jones, church’s, grenson, etc. Maybe not Jon Lobbs but CP Chelsea’s are bang average shoes. I’ve had 2 pairs and they’ve been shite. No better than high street stuff

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads