• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got my return label also. But never received an email From JE CS notifying me of the issue. So for all I know..that return label may have been sent out to everyone who ordered? Idk..my package was delivered earlier today per UPS tracking. But my doorman is taking an eternity to log it in

Jliu88

Reaction score
Noticed my slate AE from last year is a lot bigger than the pearl, and white AE. Anyone notice this?

StPauli

Reaction score
The search for a thick hoodie continues. Might go with an ALD 17oz FW piece. Or Yeezy Season 3; possibly even Fear of God Everyday Hoodie.

Any suggestions? Heck even a plain Champion black hoodie from your local Urban Outfitters as been lookin a-ok to me

JE needs to bring back the Loopwheel collaborations. I have the Villains, Dual Flash, Kake, Raglan Full Zip and they definitely feel substantial/thick, as well as windproof. They are so good that I regret missing out on the Loopwheel Escobars years later.

As an alternative you could look at the Momotaro heavyweight GTB hoodie, which is made of the same exact Loopwheel fabric. It also features a high neck and super oversized hood. Comes in Grey and Washed Black.

Another alternative would be Studio D'Artisan's pullover hoodies (particularly Suvin Gold). I don't have the hoodies, but I have a Suvin Gold sweatshirt and it is very substantial and slim-fitting, with some unique ribbing on cuffs, collar, etc.

Both available at Japanese retailers who ship to the US (such as Okayama Denim). Make sure to read sizing charts because you will certainly have to size up from your American size.

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Noticed my slate AE from last year is a lot bigger than the pearl, and white AE. Anyone notice this?
They changed material from 100% recycled cotton jersey to 100% cotton...last time the AEs fit like your slate were SS17 when the pink/natural and the weird cactus color wtvr it was called. So all your AEs moving forward will fit like your white and pearl

StPauli

Reaction score

Yea the first run (Alpine, Maroon, Slate and later Charcoal, Natural, Saguaro) was generally larger, had looser neck, and wasn't 100% cotton. A lot of people prefer the original, but I think the cotton is much easier to take care of.

quickstruck

Reaction score
JE needs to bring back the Loopwheel collaborations. I have the Villains, Dual Flash, Kake, Raglan Full Zip and they definitely feel substantial/thick, as well as windproof. They are so good that I regret missing out on the Loopwheel Escobars years later.

As an alternative you could look at the Momotaro heavyweight GTB hoodie, which is made of the same exact Loopwheel fabric. It also features a high neck and super oversized hood. Comes in Grey and Washed Black.

Another alternative would be Studio D'Artisan's pullover hoodies (particularly Suvin Gold). I don't have the hoodies, but I have a Suvin Gold sweatshirt and it is very substantial and slim-fitting, with some unique ribbing on cuffs, collar, etc.

Both available at Japanese retailers who ship to the US (such as Okayama Denim). Make sure to read sizing charts because you will certainly have to size up from your American size.
Interesting, thanks for a unique perspective. Ultimately, I don't think it fits particularly well with my style; I'm looking primarily at the following:

182895M202007_1.jpg

0ab7e8bb4a5858f7a483b6dddffd7a64.jpg

181782M202002_1.jpg

Jliu88

Reaction score
They changed material from 100% recycled cotton jersey to 100% cotton...last time the AEs fit like your slate were SS17 when the pink/natural and the weird cactus color wtvr it was called. So all your AEs moving forward will fit like your white and pearl
Thanks! Def like the newer fit more. I also have a burgandy color one from a few years back with a different material. That one fit a lot bigger.

StPauli

Reaction score
Interesting, thanks for a unique perspective. Ultimately, I don't think it fits particularly well with my style; I'm looking primarily at the following:

View attachment 1084199

View attachment 1084200

View attachment 1084201

Yea man, fair enough. There are also some Todd Snyder x Champion offerings with a 20 oz. Reverse Weave fleece on the Todd Snyder website. Don't really have experience with this particular fabric though, only their 16 oz. offering (which is also solid).

EDIT: You can also take a look at Reigning Champ's Heavyweight/Midweight hoodies. Many use these outside in winter.

Last edited:

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1084199

View attachment 1084200

View attachment 1084201
I have a bunch of the fear of god hoodies/crews from the last collection, and I can definitely say...they are the most legit **** ever. In the past year, I've worn mine a crap ton, washed them a crap ton (despite it saying dry clean only), and they've held up really well. Only issue is...if you're living in the colder parts of the US..don't even think about layering it with a jacket. There's too much material to allow for that. Pretty sure that's why he released those weird sleeveless hoodies, to allow for layering.

nepats81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The loopwheel items are amazing. I’m guessing we might see OS cropped or Raglan this year. Just a guess

View attachment 1084199

View attachment 1084200

View attachment 1084201

Last one looks the best by far

I have a bunch of the fear of god hoodies/crews from the last collection, and I can definitely say...they are the most legit **** ever. In the past year, I've worn mine a crap ton, washed them a crap ton (despite it saying dry clean only), and they've held up really well. Only issue is...if you're living in the colder parts of the US..don't even think about layering it with a jacket. There's too much material to allow for that. Pretty sure that's why he released those weird sleeveless hoodies, to allow for layering.

Sleeveless hoodies look great if you have guns. But $600 on sleeveless just isn’t feasible.

Anyone try hiro Clark? They have sleeveless hoodies. Or should I try to grab a used sleeveless villian?

quickstruck

Reaction score
tryna sell any? haha. how did they fit?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads