• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One thing I want to say here:

I know people get super heated about masks, shots, virus etc. I have strong opinions like I'm sure everyone does. But no point into getting into all of that. Rather I would propose the following -

Get in the best possible physical shape you can. Its a new year. Become the strongest version of yourself. Get jacked, get good cardio, and eat properly. Here are the benefits

1. Corner offices and promotions
2. JE fits better
3. more winning
4. less illness
5. most important - you become an example. Inspiring others( friends, fam) around you is an incredibly rewarding experience. While you certainly won't get everyone around you to live better, you might just get a few.
I know you’re slightly joking, but it’s really great advice. I do appreciate your interest in pushing people to become the best versions of themselves

jclark216

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One thing I want to say here:

I know people get super heated about masks, shots, virus etc. I have strong opinions like I'm sure everyone does. But no point into getting into all of that. Rather I would propose the following -

Get in the best possible physical shape you can. Its a new year. Become the strongest version of yourself. Get jacked, get good cardio, and eat properly. Here are the benefits

1. Corner offices and promotions
2. JE fits better
3. more winning
4. less illness
5. most important - you become an example. Inspiring others( friends, fam) around you is an incredibly rewarding experience. While you certainly won't get everyone around you to live better, you might just get a few.
????????

Cuttooth

Reaction score
Quoted for emphasis.

Have never understood why the waist is so gigantic on cast 2. I love the fit in general - one of the few jeans I’ve tried that fits/looks just how I want them, except the waist. I have to size up +2 and get them tailored down literally 2 inches in the waist (shout out to Railcar Fine Goods for their tremendous downsizing service) to be able to fit my legs and get close enough in the waist to wear a belt and not have massive folds.

Now that this thread has determined JE is officially a brand for bodybuilders I feel they need to embrace this with a cast 3. Same rough aesthetic as cast 2 but downsize that waist.

I've always had problems with the waist and there's little to no consistency in terms of expected stretch. Generally speaking only a few 28s are small enough in the waist to work for me and I'd wear a 27 if they had one.

Fit is usually pretty perfect otherwise, but I'd personally like if they went high rise on a cast 3.

razorfrazer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quoted for emphasis.

Have never understood why the waist is so gigantic on cast 2. I love the fit in general - one of the few jeans I’ve tried that fits/looks just how I want them, except the waist. I have to size up +2 and get them tailored down literally 2 inches in the waist (shout out to Railcar Fine Goods for their tremendous downsizing service) to be able to fit my legs and get close enough in the waist to wear a belt and not have massive folds.

Now that this thread has determined JE is officially a brand for bodybuilders I feel they need to embrace this with a cast 3. Same rough aesthetic as cast 2 but downsize that waist.

Talked to my dude robert at JE miami who sells my my blouses…

he says they updated the cast 2 fit to be roomier in the thigh and calves but more so in the upper size ranges

iamfudge

Reaction score

malcolmbw

Reaction score

Wally_SF

Reaction score
I think you nailed it. The issue now is that the denim is tight around calves. So that's a concern for sure if I size down, unless they stretch a bit around the lower leg too.

Fully agree with this. If I size for my waist, the legs are too tight. If I size for my legs the waist is too loose. They’ve never fit me quite right

this is it. I bought way too many cast 2 pairs (in two sizes) in 2018/2019, now the majority just sits due to butt sag, and calves that are way too tight. I completely stopped buying them just to see if they would stretch in the calves, and honestly, the waist stretched, they have knee bags, but the calves are still unflatteringly tight

My tts is a 34 and I’m 200+. The fit doesn’t look bad but I do agree if you want a true cast 2 fit you should size down. These look like my size 36 cast 2. Like @Wally_SF said, the front fold annoys me lol. I usually rock longer tees when I rock my size 36s.

100% !

Quoted for emphasis.

I brought a few pairs to a good tailor to tighten up the top block. It works, but it isn't perfect. Needless to say I haven't bought a pair of Cast 2's in a very long time, hoping they tweak the fit by either shrinking the waist slightly or loosening up the fit from the knee down

TAILSYOUDIE

Reaction score
for me cast 2 is my perfect fit, the waist is perfect and the fit in the leg sections are perfect. I guess I am just a straight down the line normal build. Also I don't even want to list all the **** I purchased this year because it makes it easier to now acknowledge it but I am extremely happy with everything I was able to track down. Jackets, hoodies, crewnecks, jeans, shirts, sweats, **** me.

Wally_SF

Reaction score
@m0butt officine generales Kurt jean is a good start. Its a similar fit to cast 2, but widens up from knee down. It still tapers enough that you could wear it with a narrower shoe like SL wyatts, CP's b-balls or achilles etc

1640812986648.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads