• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kger91

Reaction score
USA labor doesn’t equate quality. Most of the good factories known for making quality goods have closed down or likely soon will. Look at all the brooks brothers factories that are closing. Sometimes you’re better off sending the materials elsewhere to places that specialize in making specific items and sometimes that’s places like China or Portugal
Didn't mention anything on quality. JE Denim is also 100% made in Japan and it's the best denim I own so to say anything that isn't made in America or Italy is somehow lacking in quality would be absurd. Was strictly talking about labor and the feeling some people get by buying things with a "Made in the USA" tag. I completely agree with the last sentence and I own an iPhone which does exactly this.

Kger91

Reaction score
Made in USA doesn't necessarily mean the highlighted either...

same with made in italy
Yeah this is also a major issue in the tech industry with importing labor on temporary work visas to not have to pay the going rate for that job in that area and reduce labor cost. An interesting article on CNN about it particularly point #2 here:

That's why there are a lot of businesses that make it a priority to be really open about their supply chain and ethical sourcing which is something I've admired about the blog posts on the JE website and made me interested in the brand. I appreciate the blogs/podcasts about why things are made where they are and how such as the double dye post.

Last edited:

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn't mention anything on quality. JE Denim is also 100% made in Japan and it's the best denim I own so to say anything that isn't made in America or Italy is somehow lacking in quality would be absurd. Was strictly talking about labor and the feeling some people get by buying things with a "Made in the USA" tag. I completely agree with the last sentence and I own an iPhone which does exactly this.

there is no argument about made in Japan ? I think most people equate MIJ with quality, especially regarding denim

Air Ick

Reaction score
Eclipse offered an additional 20% off discount. Hope you guys get exactly what you ordered ??

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eclipse offered an additional 20% off discount. Hope you guys get exactly what you ordered ??
20% off your order! At least it’s the right size and sex, if they sent me the wrong thing and it was way off, I’d have a field day

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of my Eclipse orders got “delivered” by UPS. It wasn’t delivered and is now probably lost. ??‍♂️

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads