• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

epryor

Reaction score
I'll take the OG rider. Perfect combo with the nickel accents.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Pretty sure that was the point; It's a S/S release, so they went for a lighter feel. That's also why they released short sleeved Villains.

This is correct, they are lighter because that is the nature of the type of terry with a contrast color loopside. That type of terry could not be milled in the same weight as our normal terry. It also gets very hot in Japan during the summer, so a lighter weight terry is more practical in that climate.

Last edited:

drb1911

Reaction score
@JohnElliottCo are you able to share details as to when the NET mercer tank will release on your site? I'm thinking it would go great under the SS Villain. Thank you!

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

@JohnElliottCo
  are you able to share details as to when the NET mercer tank will release on your site?  I'm thinking it would go great under the SS Villain.  Thank you!

This product will release early next week or the following week. Will keep you posted!

GTFan712

Reaction score
Got my S/S Villain in today. Love the lightweight two-tone Grey/Burgundy knit. Slightly darker than Dark Grey terry, and noticeably darker than the Grey JE tees. My only complaint would be the sleeve length. It's a bit short, and definitely too short to roll the edges of the sleeves to show off the contrast terry.

Last edited:

btylus

Reaction score
Are there any plans to release the short-sleeve villain in the regular collection rather than just a collab with KITH?

leclutchjames

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a Brand New Co-Mix White Curve U neck Size S for sale 90 USD shipped worldwide. Ive been buying size M for u necks for a while but then saw leclutch size down but it didnt turn out to well for me. Located in Australia.

Sorry about that, I havent tried with the new fabric, just the normal cotton

echau

Reaction score
Every time I see JE denim on other sites, like Revolve, it looks so bad. I just want to let y'all know that it's much better in person. I own the Cast in Coast and Carbon and I'm thinking about picking up the Mica now that they've restocked.

I'm 5'10" 155lbs and this is how the Coast in size 29 looks on me:

Even with the 33.5" inseam, I can still get some stacking:

I only wish they were a 15.5 cm cut instead to be just a hair slimmer in the lower leg.

If y'all are wondering why the stacking on other sites look so bad, it's because the denim is so soft. There are two factors that affect stacking, the leg opening and the stiffness of the jeans. The leg opening on the size 29 is 6.5" which is small enough to get stacking, but the excess fabric usually flops to a side due to the softness of the denim after the wash/treatment they gave it. I soak the bottom half of the legs in hot water for maybe 10 minutes, throw them in the dryer oh high heat for 20 minutes, and then let them finish drying by air. The denim gets a tad stiffer, and they just fall better. The stacks hold their shape effortlessly afterwards. Just a tip for y'all if you're on the fence on JE denim. It's underrated.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics