• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crimzon1009

Reaction score
So for those that thought the JE Painter’s Pants weren’t good enough. I saw they are selling out! I actually got myself a pair and I can’t wait to rock them! If anyone has them already post some pics

wttm

Reaction score
JE drapes nicely. Anti expo is also special; raw edges executed perfectly.

I’ve been trying this $16 everlane cotton crew and tbh it’s pretty solid; flows and is soft. Also have a ~$25 kotn tee, a ~$75 nadaam silk/cashmere tee as well as some ~$35 uniformLA tees on the way. I wear a tee in some capacity literally every day. But i can’t wear Purl or Comix on every occasion ya know...

+1 on Everlane they drape nicely too. They have a good balance between modern and classic in terms of their fit IMO. Not bad after going through the laundry too taken into consideration of their price. I guess I have a similar range on tees as you. You are right about the different tees but seems like people are going out of their way to make a T fit and a tee is probably the easiest to find alternatives.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 on Everlane they drape nicely too. They have a good balance between modern and classic in terms of their fit IMO. Not bad after going through the laundry too taken into consideration of their price. I guess I have a similar range on tees as you. You are right about the different tees but seems like people are going out of their way to make a T fit and a tee is probably the easiest to find alternatives.

Some people overthink everything.
Probably hem their underwear too.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Glad they went with a longer cut, but that collar/neck slash kills it for me.. you got a pic with it on?

Hard to get the slash. You don’t really see the gap with it on. You can always patch it too

8A5F4239-C982-4754-9183-F0DE007867CA.jpeg

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying to decide if I keep the straight hem flannel.

+unhemmed Iodines. View attachment 1034077 View attachment 1034078
The flannels looks fine, but stick to basic colors under the flannel. The blue flannel you styled well with the white/natural, but the green doesn’t work with the brick/black flannel. You could try the blue with the green tee, but I’d probably stick with white/grey/black.

Also, you might want to size down on the iodine’s, they will indefinitely stretch and unless you want them to be baggy you might regret your purchase.

npa23

Reaction score

I should stop by the Everlane store in SF after work....

npa23

Reaction score

I should stop by the Everlane store in SF after work....

WhaleShark

Reaction score
The flannels looks fine, but stick to basic colors under the flannel. The blue flannel you styled well with the white/natural, but the green doesn’t work with the brick/black flannel. You could try the blue with the green tee, but I’d probably stick with white/grey/black.

Also, you might want to size down on the iodine’s, they will indefinitely stretch and unless you want them to be baggy you might regret your purchase.
Yeah I think you’re right. Was trying the flannel with different tees to see how the lengths worked together. Wasn’t working on palette. I think I’m gonna send both flannels back. They are fine. But not worth the collective $500. I’m looking for something looser. Maybe layer over a hoodie. I’ll prob go pick up some heavy oversized flannel from Filson instead.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads