• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jeans for small waist & muscular thighs - nothing fits!

mullenc525

Reaction score
Hi,

I can't find any jeans that fit me off the rack and am looking for suggestions, as I am a bit of a noob. I have a 32-33" waist with 25" thighs, which means jeans tend to be very tight in the thigh. I have an athletic build which I'd like to show off, however I can't stand skin tight thighs and correspondingly no room in the crotch.

Currently I wear Levi's 514's (slim) I bought before I started weightlifting, 33x34. They cinch in an inch or so in the waist with a belt, look great in the butt but are too tight in the crotch and thigh. The straight levi's are still tight in the thigh, and the relaxed ones are OK except the leg opening gets big and they don't have a great butt anymore. I do tend to like the low rise.

Anybody have any suggestions for brand, or should I find a good tailor?

Thanks!

dasai

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mullenc525
Hi,

I can't find any jeans that fit me off the rack and am looking for suggestions, as I am a bit of a noob. I have a 32-33" waist with 25" thighs, which means jeans tend to be very tight in the thigh. I have an athletic build which I'd like to show off, however I can't stand skin tight thighs and correspondingly no room in the crotch.

Currently I wear Levi's 514's (slim) I bought before I started weightlifting, 33x34. They cinch in an inch or so in the waist with a belt, look great in the butt but are too tight in the crotch and thigh. The straight levi's are still tight in the thigh, and the relaxed ones are OK except the leg opening gets big and they don't have a great butt anymore. I do tend to like the low rise.

Anybody have any suggestions for brand, or should I find a good tailor?

Thanks!

I have the same problem as you. I've found that straight-fit jeans are too tight in the seat and thigh when I size to my waist, but too big in the waist when I size for the seat and thigh. My solution has been to wear a belt and just deal with it, though I may get some dress casuals I have coming (moleskins) taken in at the waist by a tailor.

For dress slacks, I just buy ones with those dreaded pleats and deal with the internet's scorn.

hastur

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mullenc525
Hi, 32-33" waist with 25" thighs, which means jeans tend to be very tight in the thigh. Thanks!
Pretty much anything will fit you. 25" isn't that big with your waist. I have 24" thighs @ 5'8 and I've never put on a pair of jeans that didn't fit my thighs or didn't stretch out enough to fit them just fine. edit;
ubb.png
unbranded tapered raws, size 32. probably could go down to a 31. 24 inch thighs and they fit just fine. honestly i don't think you have as much of a problem as you think you do...

2balls

Reaction score
I had the same problem. I tried on a bunch of different brands, but my skull 5010s are my favorites. waist size 34, after a year of wear they're easily my most comfortable/form fitting jeans.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hastur
Pretty much anything will fit you. 25" isn't that big with your waist. I have 24" thighs @ 5'8 and I've never put on a pair of jeans that didn't fit my thighs or didn't stretch out enough to fit them just fine.

unbranded tapered raws, size 32. probably could go down to a 31. 24 inch thighs and they fit just fine. honestly i don't think you have as much of a problem as you think you do...

we're like twin brothers just you're better looking!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads