• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JACKETS FOR EVERYONE! 38-48: Classic Trad/Ivy, Rarities, Exotics! Cashmere bespoke, Harris Tweed, Bl

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweedydon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a slew of beautiful jackets to pass on today--including some lovely bespoke cashmere jackets with surgeon's cuffs, a gorgeous plaid cashmere jacket, a lovely Mad Men Harris Tweed,,, as well as my usual selection of tradly offerings!

As always, FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING WITHIN THE CONUS, with International shipping at reduced cost!

Also as always, OFFERS ON EVERYTHING ARE VERY WELCOME!

Please PM with interest and offers!

1) STUNNING Plaid Cashmere jacket!

SOLD

This is absolutely beautiful--my pictures come nowhere near doing this justice! Made in the time when cashmere was CASHMERE--thick, soft, and seriously luxurious, rather than the thin stuff that's available today--this gorgeous jacket has an absolutely marvelous hand and wonderful drape. Half-canvassed and fully lined in a lovely patterned lining, this lovely jacket was Union-Made in the USA. It features a single rear vent, standard two-button front, and is in absolutely excellent condition. I defy you to stop women touching you when you have this on, and won't be responsible for any matrimonial discord that it might lead to!

Asking just $89, or offer, boxed and shipped in CONUS.

Tagged a (old-school) 44, this is closer to a modern 42; it measures:

Chest: 21 1/2
Sleeve: 25 1/2 (+1 3/4)
Shoulder: 18 1/2
Length: 30 1/8

TradJacketsMegaShoot047.jpg

(2) & (3): EXQUISITE BESPOKE CASHMERE JACKETS BY CHARLES!

I've been asked by a rather distinguished acquaintance to find new homes for a considerable amount of the clothing that he no longer wears owing to weight gain and retirement... and what better place to begin that here? He's aristocratically disinclined to try to "maximum return" on these items, and he dislikes ebay, so they're being passed on here in the hope and expectation that they will find new homes with people who appreciate fine clothing.

These jackets are exquisite! They are all bespoke, made by Charles, and boast simply lashings of handwork; the buttonholes are all hand-sewn, the lapels and edgings feature pick-stitching throughout, as do the interior seams, the pocket flaps, the collar...... and so on. The cuffs are, of course, fully functional. All of these jackets are fully lined, and they all feature symmetrical sets of interior pockets: The original owner was training himself to be ambidextrous so that he could fully utilize the custom-made pair of left and right-handed double-barreled shotguns that he had had made for him at Purdey's of London in the late 1980s, and which he used to hunt gamebirds in Scotland each year. All of the jackets are ventless, as he believed that (twin) vented jackets were only useful for persons who rode (horses) frequently--and disliked single vents.

Before moving to describe these jackets individually, I should note that more form the same source are coming, and that I also have multiple ties to pass along from the same chap. I will be listing these later this month.

Prices are, for the reason offered above, low to begin with, but offers are still very welcome.

PLEASE NOTE THAT MY PICTURES DON'T DO THE BEAUTY OF THESE JACKETS JUSTICE AT ALL!​

Now, to the jackets:

(2) Royal Blue CASHMERE jacket with autumnal bracken overcheck.

SOLD

This jacket is exquisite! The bulk of the description appears above--fully canvassed, fully lined, with working surgeons' cuffs--but in addition to this the cloth that this jacket is cut from is superb. There's no fabric content listed, but it's obvious from the briefest of touches that this is seriously luxurious cashmere, and this was confirmed by the chap who I'm passing this along for. And the colourway is stunning! An absolutely perfect deep Royal Blue which is overlaid by an overcheck the colour of autumnal bracken. This truly is one of the most beautiful jackets I'v seen, and if it's your size, grab it, quickly. My pictures come nowhere close to doing it justice.

Asking just $85, or offer, boxed and shipped in CONUS. OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME!

Measurements:

Chest: 22 1/2
Sleeve: 24 3/4 (+1)
Shoulder: 20 1/2
Length: 31 1/4

TradJacketsMegaShoot056.jpg

(3) EXQUISITE CASHMERE Chestnut Brown Glen Plaid with Royal Blue overcheck

SOLD

Like its brother, above, this jacket is exquisite--handwork, thick, luxurious cashmere (although there is no fabric content listed, this is obvious from the touch), with a superb drape, fully canvassed, the works! This jacket is a wonderful, rich chestnut glen plaid, with a beautiful complementary Royal Blue overcheck. Absolutely gorgeous--and in excellent condition!

Please note that my pictures come nowhere close to doing this little piece of beauty justice!

Asking just $80, or offer, boxed and shipped in CONUS.

Measurements;

Chest: 22
Sleeve: 24 1/2 (+1)
Shoulder: 20
Length: 31

TradJacketsMegaShoot070.jpg

4) STUNNING Orvis Harris Tweed!

SOLD

This is one seriously beautiful jacket!

Cut from traditional weight Harris Tweed, the first thing to note about this beauty from Orvis is the cloth--a wonderful healthy mix of heather greens and greys, slate blue, moss green, and peat black, with the very, very occasional fleck of gorse yellow and berry red, all heathered together in a mix that's utterly redolent of the countryside in which it was loomed. This is the type of tweed that we dream of, and it's wonderful!

Luckily, Orvis did the cloth full justice. Cut with a 3/2 collar roll dear to the heart of all trads., this jacket is subtly darted, and features a pair of beautiful functional patch pockets on the front. It also has--unusually--interior patch game pockets made from a waterproof-type material--this is very functional tweed, whether you use these for quail, trout, or just your morning newspaper or cell 'phone! It also features Orvis' signature sporting lining of games birds and game fish, as well as the usual two interior breast pockets. This jacket also has traditional leather-covered football buttons and a single rear vent.

A really wonderful jacket in absolutely excellent condition, this is easily one of the nicest Harris tweeds I've seen in a long time--and I've seen plenty!

As such, this is a steal at just $80, or offer, boxed and shipped in CONUS.

Measures:

Chest: 22 1/2
Sleeve: 25 1/2 (+1 1/2)
Shoulder: 19 1/2
Length: 31

TradJacketsMegaShoot072.jpg

5) CLASSIC Trad/Ivy 3/2 sack Navy Blazer by H. Freeman, for The English Shop of Princeton

A true trad. classic! This is a lovely 3/2 sack navy blazer with a beautifully curving lapel roll and patch pockets--if you don't have two or three in your wardrobe already, you should pick this one up! Made in the USA by H. Freeman of Philadelphia for The English Shop of Princeton--one of the Big Four Ivy retailers of Princeton--this lovely jacket is half-canvassed and fully lined in a complementary damson lining--a nice change from the usual grey or blue that linings so often come in for blazers. This jacket has a single center vent, and classic two button cuffs. It does have one minor issue--one of the cuff buttons is missing. I can almost certainly secure you a full set of buttons to correct this, or else you could replace the single button on your own--or else just ignore it and enjoy the insouciance! Because of this, though, this blazer is only in Very Good condition, and hence

is just $38, or offer, boxed and shipped in CONUS.

Measurements:

Chest: 21 1/2
Sleeve: 22 3/4 (+2 1/2)
Shoulder: 18
Length: 28 3/4

TradJacketsMegaShoot084.jpg

6) Kilgour, French, and Stanbury of Savile Row, London, dark glen plaid tweed jacket.

Cut from Scottish cloth, the drape and hand of this jacket are wonderful--as is the colourway, which is a terrific dark, rich glen plaid in dark blue and peat black, with a subtle tan overcheck and the occasional well-placed stripe of dark grass green--if this fit me it wouldn't be here! While cut from Scottish cloth this jacket was tailored in the USA, and features four button cuffs and a single vent. It's half-canvassed, fully lined, and in excellent condition!

Perfect for Fall and Winter, this is a steal at just $45, or offer, boxed and shipped in CONUS.

Measurements:

Chest: 21
Sleeve: 23 1/2 (+2 1/2)
Shoulder: 18 1/4
Length: 30

TradJacketsMegaShoot094.jpg

7) Harris Tweed--Made in Holland by Alexander's.

SOLD

This is the third Harris Tweed from Alexander's of Holland that I've come across, and I've liked them all! The tweed is just what you'd want from Harris--thick, sturdy, and woven to last decades. And this is a classic yet increasing rare wide brown herringbone, with the traditional subtle vertical Harris striping throughout--here, in a very nice burnt orange that goes beautifully with the dark browns of the herringbone. This is a great jacket! It's also very well cut, with a wonderfully organic drape to both the body and the curve of the lapel that I've started to associate with Alexander's--a distinctively European cut, yet still very masculine--this is the sort of tweed a Resistance leader would have worn in Occupied Holland! The jacket is fully lined, has a single vent, and features leather-covered buttons--one cuff button is missing, but I'll include a close replacement, free! The jacket is also half-canvassed.

This is a lovely jacket that you'd get decades of wear from, so how about just $45, or offer, boxed and shipped in CONUS?

Tagged a 42R, this measures:

Sleeve: 25 1/2 (+1)
Shoulder: 18 5/8
Length: 30 1/4

TradJacketsMegaShoot105.jpg

8) Size M Pendleton Shirt-Jacket in Blackwatch

SOLD

A beautiful jacket for the Fall, this is the Trad/Ivy classic for early Fall on the East Coast, and for the cooler evenings of Fall and Winter on the West Coast! This wonderful Blackwatch jacket has the desirable patch pockets, the "shirt cuffs" fastened by a single large leather-clad button, a 3/2 lapel, and is ventless. This is utterly unstructured, and utterly wonderful--and if it were my size it wouldn't be here! Excellent condition.

Asking just $35, or lower offer, boxed and shipped in CONUS.

Tagged a M, this measures:

Chest: 22
Sleeve: 25 3/4
Shoulder: 18 3/4
Length: 30 1/2

TradJacketsMegaShoot114.jpg

9) CLASSIC Ivy Fall 3/2 sack jacket!

Absolutely perfect for strolling on the campus of your Ivy league school in the Fall, or donning after work on Friday to head out for a good steak and bourbon with your wife in her RHT stockings, elegant dress, and your newly-purchased sleek baby-blue Chevrolet sedan, this lovely jacket is cut from dark tobacco brown wool with a sporting yet elegant slate-grey overcheck. It's a 3/2 sack, with a single vent, two button cuffs, and a great lapel roll. Made in the USA when clothes still were, this lovely Fall jacket is half-canvassed and half-lined. It does have one flaw--a small ink blotch on the inside lining, as shown, and so because of this this is just in Very Good condition. As such, I'm

asking only $40, or offer, boxed and shipped in CONUS.

Tagged a 48L, this measures:

Chest: 24
Sleeve: 26 3/8 (+1)
Shoulder: 19 1/2
Length: 32

TradJacketsMegaShoot126.jpg

TradJacketsMegaShoot131.jpg

10) GORGEOUS "Mad Men" 1960s Harris Tweed!

SOLD

Fantastic! Tweeds like this come along rarely, and since they're literlaly not being made any more with each passing season they become rarer still. This is a wonderful, rare Harris Tweed that's cut from a tweed woven as a ... well, it's not a regular nailhead tweed, but more of a cross between nailhead Harris and Donegal; maybe "rustic nailhead" would be appropriate here? The colourway is wonderful--dark grey and petrol blue, with hints of cream and black heathered in. This is a wonderful 1960s conservative fabric, utterly Mad Men and completely unavailable today commercially. The jacket does the cloth full justice--a 3/2 sack with lovely narrow lapels and a terrific lapel roll. It appears t be half-canvassed, and has a single centre vent. It was, of course, Union-Made in the USA. The interior breast pocket has some slight sag at the top from wear, as well as some minor rubbing to the edges of the lining, and the jacket could benefit from a press, so I'll rate it conservatively as being in Very Good condition.

Asking just $50, or lower offer.

Measurements:

Sleeve: 25 3/4 (+1 3/4)
Shoulder: 18
Length: 29 1/4

TradJacketsMegaShoot136.jpg

Attachments

• TradJacketsMegaShoot 047.JPG
    TradJacketsMegaShoot 047.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads