• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew S/S 10 Discussion

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Hmm. Personal taste, I guess. I really like early/mid 1960s-type narrow lapels on jackets and shirts, and I'd rather go with a narrow tie. For me that kind of narrow has more of a cool Americana vibe.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
Hmm. Personal taste, I guess. I really like early/mid 1960s-type narrow lapels on jackets and shirts, and I'd rather go with a narrow tie. For me that kind of narrow has more of a cool Americana vibe.

Yeah, personal taste. I still vote against the Ludlow.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wrenhunter
Doesn't bother me, and I ain't young. I see it as an homage to 60s style, which I've liked ever since I saw my Dad's sportcoats (purchased c. 1962).

It's just fashion. Lapels will get big again soon enough, as the 70s wave overtakes us (viz. shawl collars, which I really dislike).

The lapels on the Ludlow are much narrower than what you saw in the 60s.
You would need a 1.5"-2" tie to wear this jacket.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Robert- The Ludlow is a joke. Lapels were never this narrow.
The Ludlow is not even slim. I have BR jackets that are slimmer than the Ludlow.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Triple Post!
Here is a vintage Timex military watch I found recently that I thought you guys might like. I am planning on selling it because I have too many watches like it.

aktao

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wrenhunter
I did, too, until I saw the epaulets. I will probably spring for the JC version of the gray chambray.

Was watching this tonight and noticed that Phil from Modern Family looks like he is wearing the J Crew gray chambray at 13:42. It looks good on him, though I'm not sure I'm going to spend that much again on the gray one since I already have the blue one.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/143500/mod...out#s-p1-so-i0

Adam_Lee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aktao
Was watching this tonight and noticed that Phil from Modern Family looks like he is wearing the J Crew gray chambray at 13:42. It looks good on him, though I'm not sure I'm going to spend that much again on the gray one since I already have the blue one.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/143500/mod...out#s-p1-so-i0

Nice catch! I noticed the dad on Cougartown was wearing the flannels back around Christmas.

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went to the local J. Crew today and there was some cool stuff that was not on the website. I tried it on but just could not bite at retail + 15% off. It's all going to sell out, probably. Oh well.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluemagic
there was some cool stuff that was not on the website.

Like what?

Astan

Reaction score
Is it just me or does J. Crew sort of fit a little loose? I cant wear a medium and all the larges I have feel like tents. I need to get them darted. But otherwise, I love J. Crew.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deveandepot1
Triple Post!
Here is a vintage Timex military watch I found recently that I thought you guys might like. I am planning on selling it because I have too many watches like it.

Nice. Where'd you find that? And how much are you selling it for?

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deveandepot1
Robert- The Ludlow is a joke. Lapels were never this narrow.
The Ludlow is not even slim. I have BR jackets that are slimmer than the Ludlow.

I guess I have to see it in real life, then. It looks OK to me in the photos.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Robert is not one prone to boasting, but he has returned from the clearance store and he would enjoy telling you about his most excellent score.

Would anybody mind?

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Robert is not one prone to boasting, but he has returned from the clearance store and he would enjoy telling you about his most excellent score.

Would anybody mind?

No, do tell....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads