• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is it my imagination...

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
or has this forum been r e a l l y s l o w in the past few weeks? (besides the 5EP x SF threads)

even the WAYWT thread has been slow

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
ah, I meant the frequency of posts (or lack of), but I agree that the forum itself has had issues with it timing out quite a bit over the past month

bigskydream

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jpgm
ive noticed too......and it just timed out on me about 3-4 times in a row. other sites are working fine, its definitely not my connection.

actually ive noticed that thefashionspot often times out on me too....could this have anything to do with vbulletin format?

I think GS means slow as in not a lot of activity, rather than slow in terms of performance.

I agree GS, the activity seems to be s l o w i n g down. Maybe it's because J is in the middle of Montana...

bsyde82

Reaction score
i agree...

i haven't been on the forum for that long, but i've noticed that activity only spikes when there's a lot of buzz surrounding a particular product or label (i.e. Engineered Garments)...and overall, activity has decreased substantially by my observations since the summer ended...maybe ppl are back in school, though that hasnt stopped me from frequenting SF

i also visit a forum on the complete opposite spectrum of SF (a sf 49ers forum - i'm a die hard fan) and its crazy how active that forum is...i guess sports fans have much more time on their hands

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
well, football season just started fairly recently....

yea I didnt even think about school starting, I guess that might take more priority over posting on an internet clothing board. Kids today!

berlin report

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've noticed it too. I've been reading more PM's than threads lately.
bounce2.gif

SantosLHalper

Reaction score
Definitely not your imagination - all this inactivity has prevented me from goofing off at my normal levels.

Perhaps we lost some of the usual trolls. We need a good flamewar!

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by berlin report
Yeah, I've noticed it too. I've been reading more PM's than threads lately.
bounce2.gif

Yeah, I've only been seeing slowdowns in either large threads or when I'm in my private message area (I have a couple hundred of messages that I probably need to clear out).

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
or has this forum been r e a l l y s l o w in the past few weeks? (besides the 5EP x SF threads)

even the WAYWT thread has been slow

No, not really. She's a sensitive beast. While you're just trying to have your way with her and be out, I'm cuddlying her soft and slowly, buying her a round every now and then, and maybe even inviting her to drink or two. I've had no problems connecting recently.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm not sure I've noticed it slowing down that much but I've been really busy with work of late so I haven't been on too often.

denimaddict

Reaction score
I always think its slowing down when I am reading it too much. Not enough new posts in, say, five minutes

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads