• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is Commando-style underwear a thing?

pkillahmillah

Reaction score
I've seen a lot of fancy underwear with special fabrics, shapes, pouches, etc.

But is there anything that gets close to actually going commando?

I've been trying to make my own version of this, because I can't find it anywhere. It's basically like a liner that I can attach to my pants for the day (it basically becomes an extra layer of fabric on the inside of the pants), and then take out and wash it like regular underwear.

Wondering if I should keep working on it, or if it's something that already exists out there. Figured someone here would know about it.

thanks

pkillahmillah

Reaction score
Long johns? To me it just sounds like underwear with extra steps.
That's a great suggestion. Don't know why I didn't remember that long johns generally stay more comfortable for me. Maybe a little hot in the summer though.

The thing I've been working on is like underwear with extra steps, except it's immune to riding/bunching, and it gives a lot more "fresh air" due to not clinging directly onto the body (just like commando does too).

It's been tough to explain with words, so I just made a dumb little explainer video. No pressure to watch or anything, but here is the video link:

Thanks KOz for thinking about it

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they shouldn't be shaped like regular undies , instead they should only cover the saddle sort of like a maxi pad but make it butch , call it an alpha pad with maytbe like a camo element to tie into the commando motif . different shapes and styles for sagging etc . lol .

also great vid but you should think about demonstrating hey i'm not wearing underwear like show some ass crack or top of pube line and then you have a tag line like it's his little secret with like a little coy finger to the lips . lmao .

great idea i hope you make a billion . don't forget the little guys ok

pkillahmillah

Reaction score
they shouldn't be shaped like regular undies , instead they should only cover the saddle sort of like a maxi pad but make it butch , call it an alpha pad with maytbe like a camo element to tie into the commando motif . different shapes and styles for sagging etc . lol .

also great vid but you should think about demonstrating hey i'm not wearing underwear like show some ass crack or top of pube line and then you have a tag line like it's his little secret with like a little coy finger to the lips . lmao .

great idea i hope you make a billion . don't forget the little guys ok

Dude those are some incredible suggestions! Funny and good ideas. "His little secret" -- so good!

I'm not sure this is going anywhere, but I appreciate you!

rjc149

Reaction score
As it appears, you'd need to stitch velcro strips to your pants. Maybe with jeans that wouldn't be an issue, but with worsted wool trousers for instance, the velcro strips would print on the outside.

You have to do away with the velcro system, and come up with something that makes Commandees compatible with any pants, without modifying the pants or requiring the purchase of proprietary Commandee-compatible pants. That's the lynch pin here, and I'm not sure it's doable.

pkillahmillah

Reaction score
As it appears, you'd need to stitch velcro strips to your pants. Maybe with jeans that wouldn't be an issue, but with worsted wool trousers for instance, the velcro strips would print on the outside.

You have to do away with the velcro system, and come up with something that makes Commandees compatible with any pants, without modifying the pants or requiring the purchase of proprietary Commandee-compatible pants. That's the lynch pin here, and I'm not sure it's doable.
Totally right. On the pants I have experimented on, there are stitches showing on the exterior from the velcro. The color match was good enough that literally nobody has noticed it yet. But it is there.

And yeah I agree the compatible pants is the biggest issue. Not sure if there is any way around that one. It's on my list to experiment with sticky-back velcro, so that any pant could be easily modified at home without sewing. But I've heard negative things about the sticky velcro.

Thanks for taking the time to think about it

SteveMc

Reaction score
Totally right. On the pants I have experimented on, there are stitches showing on the exterior from the velcro. The color match was good enough that literally nobody has noticed it yet. But it is there.

And yeah I agree the compatible pants is the biggest issue. Not sure if there is any way around that one. It's on my list to experiment with sticky-back velcro, so that any pant could be easily modified at home without sewing. But I've heard negative things about the sticky velcro.

Thanks for taking the time to think about it

Consider not attaching the undies to the pants at the bottom.
Instead, add silicon straps on the inside of the underwear bottom edges. The silicon sticks to the skin and prevents the riding up. If you're familiar with cycling apparel, this is done in cycling shorts and bibs and also around the shirt sleeves.

Might work for your concept as well.

pkillahmillah

Reaction score
Consider not attaching the undies to the pants at the bottom.
Instead, add silicon straps on the inside of the underwear bottom edges. The silicon sticks to the skin and prevents the riding up. If you're familiar with cycling apparel, this is done in cycling shorts and bibs and also around the shirt sleeves.

Might work for your concept as well.
Great suggestion, thanks! Didn't know that about cycling apparel, curious to check it out now

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads