• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Interview soon, not sure on the shirt & tie colours..

Reaction score
igExg.jpg

Please be brutally honest, its for a graduate scheme for an I.T company.

I'll be wearing it with a Charcoal Suit.

weilian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lord Snoutimus
igExg.jpg

I think the tie is ugly, but it'll work.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by weilian
I think the tie is ugly, but it'll work.
I think I'm beginning to agree with you! Without the tie the shirt looks great open buttoned. What colour tie should I wear with a white and blue striped shirt? Thanks

archetypal_yuppie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lord Snoutimus
igExg.jpg

White shirt, with any solid color tie. You absolutely cannot go wrong with this.

chrisb0109

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rgoldstein
Navy or a subdued burgundy.

As conservative as possible.

I am getting tired of seeing this answer for every interview question. It is not always best or necessary to go as conservative as possible.

bowtielover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a nice look, the tie and shirt diffenatley go together but it is a bit busy for an interview. You don't want too many patters that will distracting to the interviewer, i'd either go with a solid shirt or solid tie.

phillyesq

Reaction score
Since it is an IT position, you may be able to get away with that shirt.

However, I'm a firm believer in dressing conservatively for an interview. I'd wear a plain white shirt with a conservative tie. The tie doesn't have to be plain; stripes or a simple, tasteful pattern are acceptable.

Reaction score
Ok i've decided to take most peoples advice and drop the tie and the shirt. I will opt for a plain white shirt with a bold tie, any advice on the colour tie if its to go with a charcoal suit?

Thanks for your comments.

Reaction score
ztLuG.jpg

I've taken a liking to this combination and was wondering if anyone would suggest it be a good idea to wear to a job interview?. I wanted to wear something catchy so the interviewer would remember me.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No way!

You're there to present your ideas, not your ability to coordinate patterns. If you fail at chosing patterns your interviewer will spend the interview wonder what you were thinking when you woke up that morning.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HerbeWilk