• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Info about this CORNELIANI blazer

Lindrian

Reaction score
Could someone please give me some info on this blazer. Is it full canvas? Trying to understand what all things mean. It fits me well, and if I can identify this cut/model in the future, I know I can buy well fitting suits of the same model. Just want general comments about the quality etc.

I've noted that it says "MODEL GATE" but I don't know what that means, and can't really find any information online.

The lining is not super luxurious, but I think its still ok. The wool is soft and nice to the touch anyhow.

Thanks in advance!

IMG_0590.jpg

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It depends which line by Corneliani it is. Show us a picture of the actual label. Lining is pretty much the industry standard although usually it's 100% viscose.

Andy_00

Reaction score
I have never seen or heard of the Gate model before. Current mainline jackets and suits tend to be Leader or the slimmer Academy. Previous models included Mantua, Life, Grant, etc. This looks to have the current or pretty recent labelling though, so is likely to be canvassed assuming it isn’t unstructured. I don’t think there are any mainline fused garments.

Lindrian

Reaction score
I have never seen or heard of the Gate model before. Current mainline jackets and suits tend to be Leader or the slimmer Academy. Previous models included Mantua, Life, Grant, etc. This looks to have the current or pretty recent labelling though, so is likely to be canvassed assuming it isn’t unstructured. I don’t think there are any mainline fused garments.
I tried doing the "pinch" test on the chest, and I can separate the fabric on both sides leaving a thick "thing" in the middle. Same thing at the button area, but with a much thinner "thing".

1pete

Reaction score
I found a nice linen Corneliani sport coat at my local Off 5th and I've been trying to learn a little more about the brand. I came across this listing for a navy sport coat which is also a Gate model. It lists the supplier number as 6Y72 9 Gate which seems to correlate to your tag and the description says that it's fully canvassed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads