• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Im new to the game, and I made a list, help me revise it...

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Liquidus
I searched the site for "target socks" and found this thread, which I'm guessing is how everyone found out about it. Are these still available at Target stores?

Generally, yes.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Liquidus
I searched the site for "target socks" and found this thread, which I'm guessing is how everyone found out about it. Are these still available at Target stores?

Yup, they are there. For about 2 or 3 bucks a pair. Cheaper on sale. In all seriousness, they are very nice.

OldGeezer

Reaction score
[QUOTE=

Accessories"¢\t24K Gold }

24K Gold what? A zip lock bag of loose nuggets? 24K is a little on soft side for most accessories.

GradSchooler

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Metlin
I like Wal*Mart for my underwear, but I only wash them after 5 wears. I use Wal*Mart special trash bag linings to preserve the freshness of my stuff.

+10000
laugh.gif

bjornb17

Reaction score
Also another place to try:

Burlington Coat Factory. They usually have a table advertising 3 pairs for 6 dollars. I've found a few pairs of Polo dress socks in there. Some of the other off-brand they usually have on there are nice as well!

NotoriousMarquis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tgt465
Real style is not about labels or brands.

No but we can all make lists of brands we consistently use for certain things: EG: jeans for me are levis 511, suits are corneliani mostly.

I think what this person wants is where to focus their energy, although the whole lost needs to be scrapped.

NotoriousMarquis

Reaction score
Other categories are too broad, this is what I came up with:

OP's list is ridiculous.

Jeans & Pants:
"¢\tLevis 514, 511, 520
"¢\tUniqlo Slim Straight
APC PS
Underwear & Socks:
Bjorn Borg
Hanes comfort soft

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Comments below in your quote...

Originally Posted by ImFlier
My Favorite Brands: How can I make this list better? What to take off, leave on, add on?

Shirts : Polo's, Sweater & T-shirts:
"¢\tGucci - great, slim shirts but insanely expensive
"¢\tBurberry - great polos, get their treyforth line for slim-fit dress shirts
"¢\tRugby - not quite my style
"¢\tRL - cool in pastels
"¢\tLacoste - a bit too made in peru for me
"¢\tAnything Uniquely Sexy - less familiar
"¢\tJ. Crew - back in style, and a good price point. check mrporter for deals
Jeans & Pants:
"¢\t7 for All Mankind - banish from your list NOW. the uber mall jeans
"¢\tTrue Religion - this would look good if you like to slick back your hair and wear chains
"¢\tRock & Republic - can work, i'm not a huge huge fan
"¢\tLevis 514 - a classic
"¢\tAmerican Eagle* - of all the cheap jeans, these are definitely the best. strangely they seem to work
- I'd add APC and Dior Homme for a slim look and some of the Japanese brands for uber quality
Underwear & Socks:
"¢\tGucci - would be embarrassing
"¢\tDolce & Gabanna - would be even more embarrassing
"¢\tRalph Lauren - would look good if you're over 60
Sneakers & Boots:
"¢\tLouis Vuitton - gaudy sneakers, some more subtle dress shoes
"¢\tGucci - insanely gaudy
"¢\tPrada - cool, surprisingly good quality
"¢\tJordans - of course!
"¢\tNike Air Maxes 95/97 - they work
"¢\tTimberlands - good if you're into the urban jungle and are a horrible person
"¢\tRalph Lauren - excellent on the purple label end of the spectrum but looking at loads of cash
Accessories:
"¢\tLouis Vuitton - try to go with the more subtle patterns, but great construction
"¢\tGucci - same as above
"¢\t24K Gold - less familiar
"¢\tRolex - the new explorer ii is a beast! (in a good way)
"¢\tRL - great belts especially
Suits:
"¢\tBespoke (tailored or personalized suits; think Italy for bespoke goods.) - if you're into bespoke, i'm surprised you need style advice
"¢\tRL - purple label if you're a classic dude, black if you're metro

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Having Ralph Lauren on there is a good start... but the right Ralph Lauren at the right prices. There's Ralph Lauren that most people know and where, then there's the real Ralph Lauren that most people haven't heard of, wouldn't notice, and generally can't afford at retail prices.

gio3969

Reaction score
The vibe I got instead was that the OP was most likely a cousin of Hermes Man, especially after his other thread:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=243594

This is my new favorite OP. That list is awesome. Too bad he didn't have that Hermes cape on the list that Hermesman posted a while back to go with his ziplock bag of 24 Kt. gold nuggets.

bck

Reaction score
The vibe I got instead was that the OP was most likely a cousin of Hermes Man, especially after his other thread:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=243594

Please...anyone remotely related to Hermes Man is an aristocrat. Aristocrats would rather be shot than be seen wearing some of the brands from the aforementioned list.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm surprised no one told the kid about the CVS cloth tape yet...oops, did I let the cat out of the bag?

Target have great cheap socks, just don't expect them to hold up...after one or two washes they are basically unwearable...they're now my gym socks.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the point of this rather silly list?

If these are YOUR favourite brands, how can anyone make them less so.

And no, bespoke does not simply mean Italy.

This may not be the right place for you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads