• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ideal length of double-cuff cuff?

Logo3

Reaction score
Budd shirt double-cuff length (from bottom to top not left to right) is 7CM, seems small compared to other shirts? What is ideal length? New and lingwood definitely longer and looks nice IMHO

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mine (when folded) are about 2 5/8" or 6.67cm. These are made bespoke via Richard Anderson. N&L (a former maker for me) will cut them to your specifications. They first made for me in the early 80's and they are exactly the same length as the RA shirts. In those days there was no Style Forum or Internet to advise us so we learned on our own or with the help of a friend or relative. I'm thinking Sean O'Flynn was the maker and I probably just said "these cloth samples, make 'em up." I'm guessing I left it in his court. I got used to it and stuck with it. But I also recall that my first cutter at Anderson & Sheppard showed a LOT of cuff ... and I'm thinking his were longer. He was quite a good dresser.

Just to be honest, I'm not a double cuff fan. Unless I'm wearing a somber lounge suit or a dinner jacket, I use button cuff. I'm guessing no more than 15% of my shirts are double cuff. All those lovely cufflinks are just sitting in a box.

To give you an idea of my size, in ready-to-wear I'd be a 15.5" x 33".

This post reminds me of the old days here at Style Forum ... back when things were ... well ...
fun.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads