• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I miss university

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was just looking at photos on FB of my school's rush week celebrations. Damn I miss university and first-years. I did not have nearly enough sexual intercourse back then.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Talk to randoms constantly. Be friends with everyone (guys and girls). Ask girls over often, especially after parties/bar nights.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
with you jung. Man, If I drank 1/3 less in college, or even just 1/3 less per sitting, I coulda had about 20 more chicks than I did. Sigh.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
and go to class. I saw too many people fail out after a semester or two cause they couldnt prioritize. I think there is another thread on this with advice, search.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
Talk to randoms constantly. Be friends with everyone (guys and girls). Ask girls over often, especially after parties/bar nights.

I'm actually going to listen to you on this. I'm usually shy, but I know this isn't a favored characteristic so I'm trying to break out of it.

P.S where'd you go unjung?

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Davidko19
with you jung. Man, If I drank 1/3 less in college, or even just 1/3 less per sitting, I coulda had about 20 more chicks than I did. Sigh.
I spent a lot of time studying and I also had an on-again, off-again girlfriend for all four years. However, I definitely could have dumped her and been more efficient with my time. To expand on that - weekdays, get up at 8 a.m. no matter when you have class. Stay at school, either in class or studying in the library, until 5 p.m. Then go have fun.
Originally Posted by Davidko19
and go to class. I saw too many people fail out after a semester or two cause they couldnt prioritize. I think there is another thread on this with advice, search.
Yes, go to class. I don't think it hurts to pull off a 3.7. That means if you ever decide you want to be a professional (doctor, lawyer, etc.), you'll have a decent GPA to apply with.
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
I'm actually going to listen to you on this. I'm usually shy, but I know this isn't a favored characteristic so I'm trying to break out of it.
Yes, work on this now.
P.S where'd you go unjung?
Haryalfordley. But seriously, you've never heard of it. Smaller, mostly undergrad school in a university town.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
lol you sure? I'm a canuckistani. You're out west, amirit?

Oh, well, in that case, Lethbridge.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
nostalgia sucks... You can always be the sketchy 30something guy picking up on them, I recall we all hated that. Not saying it's a good thing...

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
nostalgia sucks... You can always be the sketchy 30something guy picking up on them, I recall we all hated that. Not saying it's a good thing...

I don't go back, really, but I did pick up a junior at a frat party last year in a different city. I am not in my 30s yet mind you.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My advice...

Don't just hang out and party. DO STUFF. I'm not saying do school work all the time, but do something. Anything. Be productive. Join a Club. Wake up before noon.

Get off the computer and do something.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was never the quarterback on this operation, but a few guys in my fraternity used to compile a phone list in the first week of school. We would basically approach every young girl we'd never seen before, introduce ourselves, and get her name for a "party list." Then we would call large numbers of them to attend every party we had. It worked out pretty well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads