• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fine cutlery, EDC, and pocket jewelry": Here we post reviews, recommendations, tips about and appreciation of.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the Pena Apache in that pattern as well. Actually, I have 2. One as an extra just in case.
That one is actually a propriatary pattern fron an artist known as WKRMN

I’d probably take the Apache over the Caballero in that same pattern. But I like Caballero better than the Apache in micarta.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also this:

My way of saying "I am a peaceful man who is just a nerd who likes cool things and is lucky enough to ne able to afford them."

The tactical Gravy Seals and the "Use you **** people (as if though you need an expensive knife to cut carpet or work in farming) annoy the crap out of me.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d probably take the Apache over the Caballero in that same pattern. But I like Caballero better than the Apache in micarta.
I don't know yet, but I've heard that the caballero fires harder, which is nice.

Best front flipper ever though, is this: https://www.arizonacustomknives.com/products/1040747/
Mini Tempest - Drop Point Black PVD Gold Dark Matter FatCarbon - also very handsome. It is a considerably larger knife though,

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The tactical Gravy Seals and the "Use you **** people (as if though you need an expensive knife to cut carpet or work in farming) annoy the crap out of me.

dd0.png

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People are free to do whatever, but in my many years of teaching “self defense”, I’ve found that knives and guns are singularly poor self defense tools. They have no defensive capabilities, and are an immediate escalation. A tempered glass pot lid is much better. You can cut, you can hurt purely by blocking, and your line of sight is never compromised. Of course, pot lids are awful in pocket, so there are drawbacks.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How often does urban edc restock that seigaiha apache? Do want
Probably never. The only ones i've seen them do more than once are the F5.5, which is an exclsuive model, and the modified Spyderco McBee (modified by Jonathan McNees).

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dang it. I prefer that pattern on the apache than the Caballero.
I buy the seigaiha handle pattern knives that I like immediately. I've rarely had buyers remorse, but have had non-buyers remorse many times.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Dang it. I prefer that pattern on the apache than the Caballero.

I'm the opposite. I prefer the more traditional pattern on the Caballero.

Blade shape wise, they are both winners. Just for different reasons.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reminds me of the Spyderco Techno 2. "Tough little knife" vibes. Great price too. I approve.
It's excellent, especially at that price. What I am really looking forward to, probably at the end of the month is the Vero mini-Axon. I have the full size, but it is a big knife. The mini, under 3" of blade, is more useful for me.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reminds me of the Spyderco Techno 2. "Tough little knife" vibes. Great price too. I approve.
The Spyderco techno 2 has no steel lockbar insert or over travel protection and a very deep cutout. Like the Spyderco Paysan, it’s prone to lock slip.

Pass.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So life has been kind of tough for the last year or so…and I’ve really been lacking in sources of dopamine. Clothes haven’t really been doing it for me and I’ve been getting into knives now and …****…I just want them all!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So life has been kind of tough for the last year or so…and I’ve really been lacking in sources of dopamine. Clothes haven’t really been doing it for me and I’ve been getting into knives now and …****…I just want them all!
I work out a fair bit, and practice bjj and kickboxing, and always suggest exercise as healthy sources of dopamine, but yeah, it's been a few difficult few years.

I don't necessarily want to know about the part that was asterixed out, but I can help with pocket knives. I think that these are very well designed:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads