• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I just lost $35K

w.o.e.is.me.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...that I never actually had.
brief explanation. 2 days ago i was contacted by an old friend/manager telling me someone wanted to license some of my old work. for a (relatively) astronomical figure.

you can only imagine how high i was riding.
plans i had.
serious plans.
to do serious damage in serious stores.

just found out today that its not going to happen.
you have no idea how:
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
i'm feeling right now.

it's like...
imagine. you're living your life. minding your business. pining for things you can't have.
then someone randomly knocks on your door and says, "oh wait. actually you can have all of that **** and more!"

...and then just as suddenly you can't.
on the upside (if there even is one) it was a short enough interval that i hadn't done anything crazy yet. but goddamn i'm bitter.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I lost $2,200 on one hand in blackjack in Atlantic City. That's the most I've ever lost in one moment before.

******* split and the ******* asshole dealer gets 21 on 5 cards. I nearly ******* killed somebody.

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That sucks man :/ Should buy some lotto tickets maybe there is a god and maybe he/she/it will show karmic mercy!

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
I lost $2,200 on one ******* from a blackchick in Atlantic City. That's the most I've ever lost in one moment before.

Fixed for me.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Dude, that sucks. I feel ya on this. Funny side note: I used to be quite the excellent practical joker in my day. I had a college roomie who played the lottery every week and was very vocal about his plans to "give the working world a big **** you" when he (of course) inevitably struck it rich. One time we called him in the middle of a class to let him know his lottery ticket won $125 million; I really sold the performance, too. He flipped his ****, cried in class, then ditched and ran home. That was the first time in my life I've ever felt remorseful and happy, in equal measures, at the same time.

cpmac7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard
Dude, that sucks. I feel ya on this.

Funny side note: I used to be quite the excellent practical joker in my day. I had a college roomie who played the lottery every week and was very vocal about his plans to "give the working world a big **** you" when he (of course) inevitably struck it rich.

One time we called him in the middle of a class to let him know his lottery ticket won $125 million; I really sold the performance, too. He flipped his ****, cried in class, then ditched and ran home. That was the first time in my life I've ever felt remorseful and happy, in equal measures, at the same time.

BAHAHAHAHAAH

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard
Dude, that sucks. I feel ya on this.

Funny side note: I used to be quite the excellent practical joker in my day. I had a college roomie who played the lottery every week and was very vocal about his plans to "give the working world a big **** you" when he (of course) inevitably struck it rich.

One time we called him in the middle of a class to let him know his lottery ticket won $125 million; I really sold the performance, too. He flipped his ****, cried in class, then ditched and ran home. That was the first time in my life I've ever felt remorseful and happy, in equal measures, at the same time.

thats fucked up i probably would have killed you.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
thats fucked up i probably would have killed you.

I got a right hook to the side of my face, actually. Deserved it, but worth it.

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just lost $100 million! I bought a powerball ticket and I didn't win

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Very early in my career ... when I was on a very tight budget ... a visiting school buddy offered to buy a painting I had for sale. With the cash I was to get ... he suggested we go shopping. I did at his encouragement.

Later in the visit he backed out of buying the painting. So ... yeah ... I know what it feels like. But sadly ... I didn't get to put a stop order on spending the money. Consider yourself lucky.

But to continue the story ... When I expressed my displeasure with my visiting buddy ... especially given his encouragement to spend the anticipated proceeds ... he retorted, "Don't make your money problems my problem."

After thinking about things I asked my school buddy to leave. He responded, "I have a conference to attend and can't afford a hotel." I answered him with his own words, "Don't make your money problems my problem." He shot back, "But you said I could stay here." I retorted, "And you said you were going to buy my painting. Now get out!"

I hope he got the message.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
once this girl said she was going to give me a ******* after we made out. we made out and she didnt give it to me. i know exactly how you feel.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads