• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Omnibus Women's designer fashion thread

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Celine FW21

00004-Celine-Fall-21.jpeg
00015-Celine-Fall-21.jpeg
00050-Celine-Fall-21.jpeg
00044-Celine-Fall-21.jpeg
00031-Celine-Fall-21.jpeg
00019-Celine-Fall-21.jpeg
00016-Celine-Fall-21.jpeg
00012-Celine-Fall-21.jpeg
00006-Celine-Fall-21.jpeg

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Georgia O’Keeffe

go11.jpeg
go7.jpeg
go8.jpeg
go6.jpeg
go9.png
go5.jpeg
go3.jpeg
go2.jpeg
go.jpeg
00-holding-georgia.jpeg

Some things from her personal wardrobe were auctioned off last year. So many of her clothes have that dark, avant-garde feel of Yohji, but mixed with Southwestern flavor of Visvim. Deconstructed, workwear, rugged, super elegant, etc.

An amazing custom-made dress:

04-georgia-okeeffe-grant-cornett.jpeg
06-georgia-okeeffe-grant-cornett.jpeg
05-georgia-okeeffe-grant-cornett.jpeg

A vest that she may have handsewn herself:

11b-georgia-okeeffe-grant-cornett.jpeg

Last edited:

JewishAmericana

Reaction score
I like when my gf wears th kapital fleece I gave her or the vintage 70's Bowie tee I found for her : )

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I can’t get on board with designs that appear to intentionally obscure the shape of the women wearing them.

This is not meant to deter other CM posters from posting in this thread, but can I ask how do CM posters find this thread? I assume they don't browse SWD. Yet, this is the only SWD thread that seems to attract a large number of CM posters. How do they find this thread?

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is not meant to deter other CM posters from posting in this thread, but can I ask how do CM posters find this thread? I assume they don't browse SWD. Yet, this is the only SWD thread that seems to attract a large number of CM posters. How do they find this thread?

I spend as much time reading the SWD side as I do the CM side.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I spend as much time reading the SWD side as I do the CM side.

Maybe this is a question for other CM posters who have posted here then.

Anyway, I think fashion can be form-fitting or form-obscuring. Good fashion may not even be about flattering the body or even creating figurative looks, but just creating interesting appearances.

Feminism-Comme-des-Garcons-2a.jpg
Feminism-Comme-des-Garcons-1b.jpg

Feminism-Comme-des-Garcons-3a.jpg
Feminism-Comme-des-Garcons-1a.jpg
Feminism-Comme-des-Garcons-2b.jpg
cdg-paperdoll-fw2012.jpg

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe this is a question for other CM posters who have posted here then.

Anyway, I think fashion can be form-fitting or form-obscuring. Good fashion may not even be about flattering the body or even creating figurative looks, but just creating interesting appearances.

View attachment 1640800 View attachment 1640801
View attachment 1640798 View attachment 1640802 View attachment 1640799 View attachment 1640805

I mean, the title is “How do like a woman to dress” not “what is fashionable women’s clothing”. I realize there are lots of different ways to dress, I just don’t favor those that hide beautiful women away.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I mean, the title is “How do like a woman to dress” not “what is fashionable women’s clothing”. I realize there are lots of different ways to dress, I just don’t favor those that hide beautiful women away.

Fair.

I suppose I'm slightly frustrated at what seemed (to me) like a potentially good thread to discuss women's fashion, and the last six months have been mostly CM guys coming in here to say "bewbs."

I wish this thread had a different title, like "Discussions of Women's Fashion." As is, it's not terribly interesting to read a thread on a fashion forum that's peppered with comments about how someone doesn't care about fashion. Or really banal comments like "good body is all you need."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads